• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Roly Poly #10

16 posts in this topic

This should be a pretty straight-forward comic book sales thread. I plan to list another Roly Poly #10 in vgf for $60.

But before we begin, the usual rules...

• 1) All prices include shipping in the US! We will calculate fair shipping to Canada and other parts of the globe!
  • 2) Any item is fully guaranteed, and fully returnable for any reason - NO EXPLANATION NECESSARY!
  • 3) All forms of payment - cash, checks, credit cards, Paypal, barter - will be considered!
  • 4) First "I'll Take It" gets it!
  • 5) Time payments are welcome, but a 20% non-refundable deposit is required to start any layaway!
  • 6) High quality Thread-crapping is encouraged!

Our paypal address is - payments@bedrockcity.com

Checks should be made out to:

• Bedrock City
  • 6516-D Westheimer Rd.
  • Houston, TX. 77057

Have Fun!

Very glossy with nice paper, this was stored somewhere pretty well but it does have a couple of issues. There is a pretty significant miswrap to the cover. There is also some waviness because of storage. A small impact ding at top right corner. Very good/fine - off-white pages - $60 SOLD!

roly1.jpg

roly2.jpg

roly3.jpg

roly4.jpg

Edited by MrBedrock

On 8/14/2021 at 11:57 AM, MrBedrock said:

Very glossy with nice paper, this was stored somewhere pretty well but it does have a couple of issues. There is a pretty significant miswrap to the cover. There is also some waviness because of storage. A small impact ding at top right corner. Very good/fine - off-white pages - $60

roly1.jpg

roly2.jpg

roly3.jpg

roly4.jpg

:takeit:

On 8/15/2021 at 12:37 AM, Black Bat said:

Mr Bedrock- have you ever seen one of these without the miss wrap? I haven’t, and have probably seen 10 by now. 

I'm pretty convinced the whole print run was mis-wrapped. I've never seen one that isn't either

On 8/15/2021 at 5:51 AM, Nic8612 said:

I'm pretty convinced the whole print run was mis-wrapped. I've never seen one that isn't either

On 8/14/2021 at 9:37 PM, Black Bat said:

Mr Bedrock- have you ever seen one of these without the miss wrap? I haven’t, and have probably seen 10 by now. 

Probably as good as it can get.

DE87689D-11E0-496C-B6FA-B7D92DC8E459.thumb.jpeg.f44e4040bcb6234e2fcf07df4f605468.jpeg

On 8/15/2021 at 10:56 AM, Nic8612 said:

No real significance, just a rare-ish golden age book with a neat cover. And it appears that the entire print run was mis-wrapped so it's just kind of interesting

I found a few on ebay…I might pick one up. Thanks for the info.

On 8/15/2021 at 5:57 AM, N e r V said:

Probably as good as it can get.

DE87689D-11E0-496C-B6FA-B7D92DC8E459.thumb.jpeg.f44e4040bcb6234e2fcf07df4f605468.jpeg

Not mine but if they trimmed it like you suggest there would be a sizable gap on the back cover if they did. You’d have to roll it out, cut the excess off FC, move the staples and still have the trimmed portion missing in back. A lot of work that would make a cheap book even uglier overall…

On 8/15/2021 at 1:11 PM, N e r V said:

Not mine but if they trimmed it like you suggest there would be a sizable gap on the back cover if they did. You’d have to roll it out, cut the excess off FC, move the staples and still have the trimmed portion missing in back. A lot of work that would make a cheap book even uglier overall…

Yea I was asking to see if you had a pic of the back cover haha. There's definitely been some work done to it. You can see the discoloration along the staple line where the old spine was. I guarantee the back is all uneven and jacked up looking

On 8/15/2021 at 11:07 AM, Nic8612 said:

Yea I was asking to see if you had a pic of the back cover haha. There's definitely been some work done to it. You can see the discoloration along the staple line where the old spine was. I guarantee the back is all uneven and jacked up looking

Not sure. They do have a back cover scan though…

D72D47D6-2ABA-46BB-A8D7-47DA752ED947.thumb.jpeg.0628f011564f2cee2a82565a666b4ae0.jpeg