• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMC's INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE starring Sam Reid, Jacob Anderson (2022)
3 3

36 posts in this topic

Yeah the PC brigade just makes things that much more unrealistic 

This could be good, but that trailer doesn't make it look good enough to get excited about.

Have to say though, Lestat sounds and looks very much like the character Anne Rice created, which is what we look for in an adaptation 

On 7/23/2022 at 5:00 PM, The Meta said:

Yeah the PC brigade just makes things that much more unrealistic 

This could be good, but that trailer doesn't make it look good enough to get excited about.

Have to say though, Lestat sounds and looks very much like the character Anne Rice created, which is what we look for in an adaptation 

To be fair, there were hundreds of black slave owners in the Louisiana. I'm just don't think they'll want to show that.

On 7/23/2022 at 4:02 PM, D84 said:

To be fair, there were hundreds of black slave owners in the Louisiana. I'm just don't think they'll want to show that.

I honestly don't know or care. Louis was white in the books, and thats what I expect 

Eldris Elba was fine as Roland, but The Dark Tower sucked anyway 

To be fair, I wasn't thrilled Antonio Bendaras was cast as Armand either

TV has always been a business of managing failure, however, and the chance for that here is just as great — but would come at a greater expense than your typical primetime cancellation. Between purchasing the rights from the Tolkien estate and production and marketing costs, Amazon is likely to spend upwards of $1 billion on just the eight-episode first season of “The Rings of Power.” HBO, Netflix and AMC are also shelling out small fortunes to compete in a landscape in which cinematic production value and spectacle are seen as preconditions for top-tier success. And that success is far from foreordained.

“They are, in many ways, land mine projects,” says Mark Johnson, the chief producer overseeing AMC’s Anne Rice universe, including adaptations “Interview With the Vampire” and “Mayfair Witches.” “You take one false step and the whole thing blows up. You do one piece of miscasting, or you make something funny that is sacrosanct, and you’ve undone the whole thing.”

During the Comic-Con panel featuring creator and executive producer George R.R. Martin and the cast of “House of the Dragon” — one of the most eagerly anticipated events of the first in-person San Diego gathering since 2019 — it became painfully apparent how love for “Game of Thrones,” which waned in its controversial final season, doesn’t automatically translate to “House of the Dragon.” The audience was quiet as Martin, co-showrunner Ryan Condal and the stars, many of whom are unknown to U.S. audiences, tried their best to talk up the show. This was an audience that might be screaming to see the cast next year at the ’Con, but they weren’t fans just yet.

On 10/4/2021 at 7:46 AM, Bosco685 said:

Oddly enough, my first experience engaging with a celebrity online was with Anne Rice to chat about 'Interview With The Vampire'. It was great.

I regret I never took her up on signing my copy of the book.

don't worry brother, i gotcha covered.

a first, by the way.

image.png.3bbd9b333e0c1c07a837aefb7083641e.png

On 10/8/2022 at 5:15 PM, piper said:

:bump:

Anyone watch it yet?

I was just searching to find this thread so I could ask the same question.

From the trailers, the guy who plays Louis seems good, but I'm not feeling Lestat.

On 10/8/2022 at 6:15 PM, piper said:

:bump:

Anyone watch it yet?

On 10/8/2022 at 6:28 PM, D84 said:

I was just searching to find this thread so I could ask the same question.

From the trailers, the guy who plays Louis seems good, but I'm not feeling Lestat.

I saw Episode 1 and really enjoyed it as an IWTV fan. And the actor portraying Lestat does a solid job as this cold, educated killer seeking acceptance in modern times by his selected partner.

And with Episode 2 they surpass the pilot with emotion and the growth of an emerging vampire.

And the actor portraying Lestat (Sam Reid) is the right mix of a romantic and a calculating predator, at times forgetting his role as responsible mentor.

Jacob Anderson as Louie is the lost soul the story needed as he comes to realize the mistake he has made. Especially as he begins to hunger to the point he would feed on family.

Hopefully they can maintain this intensity throughout.