• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMC's INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE starring Sam Reid, Jacob Anderson (2022)
3 3

36 posts in this topic

Sam Reid has been cast in the lead role of Lestat in AMC’s “Interview With the Vampire” series, Variety has learned.

The show, which was officially greenlit in June, is based on the Anne Rice novel of the same name. The book centers on the vampire Louis de Pointe du Lac as he relates the story of his life to a reporter, in particular how he was turned into a vampire and then mentored by Lestat de Lioncourt.

The casting could represent a long-term investment in Reid on AMC’s part. As the company has the rights to all of Rice’s “The Vampire Chronicles” books and Lestat appears in multiple entries, Reid could find himself portraying the character across multiple series. At this time, however, “Interview With the Vampire” is only “Vampire Chronicles” series that has been greenlit by AMC.

Edited by Bosco685

Earlier this year, AMC announced they had greenlit an 8 episode series adaptation of the original book, with Australian actor Sam Reid set to tackle the role of Lestat, while Pitt’s role of Louis would be played by Game of Thrones’ Jacob Anderson. More recently, the GoT and The Many Saints of Newark director Taylor, who is slated to direct Interview With the Vampire’s pilot episode, confirmed to Collider that filming was scheduled to officially get underway in New Orleans in December. He also expressed his excitement for the project due to his “personal relationship with the book.”

On 10/4/2021 at 8:42 AM, Callaway29 said:

Suspect I liked/like "Interview with the Vampire" more than most... I've watched it many times... That said, I hesitate to get my hopes up because I feel like it will probably be a let-down...

Oddly enough, my first experience engaging with a celebrity online was with Anne Rice to chat about 'Interview With The Vampire'. It was great.

I regret I never took her up on signing my copy of the book.

On 10/4/2021 at 6:46 AM, Bosco685 said:

Oddly enough, my first experience engaging with a celebrity online was with Anne Rice to chat about 'Interview With The Vampire'. It was great.

This sounds like an interesting story. 

On 10/4/2021 at 8:48 AM, piper said:

This sounds like an interesting story. 

Anne Rice was the first for me. Bruce Campbell was the second contact. And he went as far as sending me a signed photo (it was kind of a joke as he told me he doesn't believe in that BS).

On 10/4/2021 at 6:46 AM, Bosco685 said:

I don’t collect first edition books but it would be very cool to get an original copy of Interview with the Vampire. My paperback copy has seen better days.

It’s funny. I’ll happily drop $$ on an old comic book but gun shy when it comes to rare books. I guess it’s all about understanding prices.

The 90s movie was actually really good. It stayed with the source material and the acting was excellent. I'd be interested in seeing a much more in depth truer adaptation. I was really into the Vampire Chronicles when they had come out.

The Queen of the Damned was beyond terrible and a gigantic disappointment. Hope they can extend the series and include the second book (my favorite). I've wanted to see Marius as a vampire God.

Bailey Bass has been cast as Claudia in the upcoming Interview with the Vampire TV series. Based on the 1976 novel of the same name, Interview with the Vampire is the first installment of Anne Rice’s bestselling series, The Vampire Chronicles. A Neil Jordan-helmed film adaptation was released in 1994 starring Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, and an eleven-year-old Kirsten Dunst as Claudia. 2002 saw the release of another adaptation of an Anne Rice book, The Queen of the Damned, with Stuart Townsend taking over Cruise’s role as Lestat.

Interview with the Vampire introduces audiences to Lestat, a vampire who bites Louis, a wealthy plantation owner, in late 18th century New Orleans. Lestat later turns a young girl, Claudia, into a vampire, and the three become travel companions. As the title suggests, the film unfolds via an interview with Louis as he talks with a modern-day reporter.

baileybass01.JPG.f881c439a25f5546d6cd51af2e526dfa.JPG

Now, a new video teaser has been posted by AMC Networks on Twitter, featuring exciting clips from pivotal scenes between the characters of Louis and Lestat from Interview With the Vampire. The character of Lestat is seen with bloody fangs terrifyingly hovering over Louis as he delivers the line, "I give death to those deserving." Anderson's character looks on visibly shocked, while laying on the ground. One of the series' locations is also seen in the teaser, as the two characters appear to be conversing in a church. Watch the new Interview With the Vampire teaser clip, among others, below.