• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will this receive a Qualified Label?

4 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2021 at 4:55 PM, gregwynn said:

So a previous owner wrote his name in the cover...will this get a Green label if I graded it? 

20210817_175137.jpg

Almost certainly not. For a book of this era and -- based on what I can see in this closely cropped picture, condition -- markings of this sort are common and do not warrant a Qualified label.

On 8/17/2021 at 3:27 PM, Qalyar said:
On 8/17/2021 at 2:55 PM, gregwynn said:

So a previous owner wrote his name in the cover...will this get a Green label if I graded it? 

20210817_175137.jpg

Expand  

Almost certainly not. For a book of this era and -- based on what I can see in this closely cropped picture, condition -- markings of this sort are common and do not warrant a Qualified label.

no qualified label, unless you specifically ask for one where they ignore this marking as a grade defect.  But that would not be worth it, so don't do it.  So just submit as normal.  You can email cgc just to be sure, but IMO it will just be graded as a defect on the book (depending on the condition of the rest of the book, it may not even lower the grade).