• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finding Heaven in Sin City

16 posts in this topic

Just got back from Vegas with my wife who was attending a conference. Spent Friday with DocDave, world's expert on all things Frazetta. I was treated to a morning of UNBELIEVABLE Frazetta artwork. Dave is one of the true gentlemen in the collecting world. He has more Frazetta knowledge in his little finger than all other collectors combined. It was a morning I will not soon forget. Dave took a picture of me in his study in front of some of Frank's pen and brushwork.

Enjoy

Stephen2.jpg

spidy. that frazetta story squeeze play was sold complete by russ cochran years ago from his auctions to this guy that lives in fla. he bought tons of ec complete story.s

from russ. the guy was top dog then. he also had the complete story to barry smths conan red nails minus 2 pages.

i my self have never met the guy. but some of the olders dealers know who iam taking about.

larry ;]

spidy. that frazetta story squeeze play was sold complete by russ cochran years ago from his auctions to this guy that lives in fla. he bought tons of ec complete story.s

from russ. the guy was top dog then. he also had the complete story to barry smths conan red nails minus 2 pages.

i my self have never met the guy. but some of the olders dealers know who iam taking about.

larry ;]

Off the top of my head, "Squeeze Play" has changed hands a few times. When Cochran initially auctioned the story off, it carried a minimum bid of $7,000 and sold for $15,000 (November 14, 1984). Later on, it re-appeared in another Cochran auction with a minimum bid of $20,000 - which it sold at (November 25, 1986). Then I saw it listed in Jerry Weist's COMIC ART PRICE GUIDE (Summer, 2000 edition) as selling for $60,000.

My CAF Galleries (including a humble JOHNNY COMET Daily by Frazetta) at:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1865

mr.t thanks on the update on the frazetta story. i did not know it change hands that many times. wonder what happened to red nails story does the same guy still have the story. i never heard or seen any info about this story changing hands or popping up on the market.

larry