• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine #100 hologram cover
1 1

2 posts in this topic

So I have had comics submitted since shortly after CGC opened and this submission seems clear what happened and I have some frustration.  I paid for a press and clean with the book- its been returned with very clear fingerprints on the hologram and a 9.6 grade.  The book looks like a 9.8 in everything else that I can see.  What are the odds that the smudges and whatnot on the hologram gave the markdown?  I have asked CGC what can be done because I feel like a quick buff with a cloth would have taken care of this-

I understand CGC is busy and I am just trying to better understand what happened and if it might be just as I suspect.

Thanks

odds are the smudge caused the grade drop, posting a picture (get the right hologram angle) will get you better answers.  But I'd lay out a full email with pictures, invoices, payments, as many dates and before/after pictures as possible in a lengthy email to CGC and ask them about it, see if they can help you out.