• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics 12 on Ebay

12 posts in this topic

Jeez, harsh aren't we. I don't think I have ever seen one of these even for sale, ever. I am betting the pages are not brittle but in fact cream to tan. Take a damp sponge and wipe off the dirt and you have a nice complete Fair/G book. If I were a pre27 Tec buyer this would get a Good bid from me anyways. It looks like it could be restored pretty easily too.

Its not like the water logged tec 35, or the front cover only of tec 33 that were for sale a while back. This is your perfect low grade comic of a rare book with a complete sweet cover - nothing wrong with that.

Ed

Everybody should stay away from this cruddy, dirty, ugly book. Why, it probably has brittle pages and should simply be tossed into the fireplace. Stay away! Stay away!

apparently donut didn't think that. If I had the doe I would bid on it. Pre-batman detective's are rare.

I once had a phone conversation with a dealer out west (Cali) and he told me a story of how about 3 decades ago sold a "NM" run of Detective from issues #1-30 (approx....poor memory on my part) and got ridiculed about it for getting double or triple guide....in restorspect the books were probably F/FV to VF range as the guy could not grade, but STILL....what a story!! hail.gif