• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nic Cage's Planet Comics #1 up for sale
1 1

15 posts in this topic

It sure is one pretty book.  He had a really amazing run of Planets that Stephen Fishler helped him put together.  I’d love to have a Cage Planet some day, but it certainly won’t be this one!

I am very curious to see how close the price comes to the Church Planet 1 that sold at the end of 2018.

On 8/23/2021 at 1:24 PM, Chicago Boy said:

What is up with Comicconnect and the QES stickers as of late ?  Does Fishler own a piece of QES ?

I am sure you already know this: Comic Connect solicits consignors with extra eye appeal slabs to pay for their QES stickers while cLink staff solicit consignors to buy their CVA stickers.

On 8/24/2021 at 1:19 PM, cheetah said:

JMHO, but the Denver copy of Planet #1 is an okay book but not a great book.  On a scale of pedigrees, it would be better than a Crowley but worse than a Church (if it didn’t have unnecessary color touch), Vancouver, Central Valley, or a handful of others.  I never felt a tug of emotion when I let it go like I did for some of my other Planets.  Granted, my wallet now wishes I had hung onto it longer, it could plant a lot of trees, but I would have never considered it to be a $60k book when I had it in hand.

I wish the Denver copies had nicer pages. Are there any white-paged Denver's?

On 9/3/2021 at 10:12 AM, Terry JSA said:

It ended up selling for $90,500 on Comic Connect. Congrats to whoever the winner is. :golfclap:

Yeah pretty solid price! I did not expect it to go as high as the Church copy that sold for $108k a couple of years ago.