• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JLA 166-168 Whitman variants?

5 posts in this topic

I bought a Justice League of America 166 this week in VF and it was a Whitman variant. Are there Whitman editions of 167 and 168, too? If so, how tough are these and are they going for more cash? I bought mine to read, since I had the 167-168 to go with it. I bought a set of the regular 166-168 from Doug Sulipa for $16 (including shipping and handling — Thanks, Doug!). I had read this story when I was a kid, but hadn't kept mine. I thought I had some nicer copies in my JLA collection, but, as it turns out, I had the issues all around these.

Here's something else I wonder... the deaths of Zatanna's mother Sindella in JLA 165 and Black Canary's dad in JLA 220... are those heating up, too, since they're also referenced in Identity Crisis?

Mike B.

Hi Mike, there are indeed Whitman variants of all those JLA issues... here is a link to the JLA Whitman gallery- http://stlcomics.com/gallery/whitman/jla.html

They are not common but they have recently been going for quite a bit since Identity Crisis. I am not sure if those other issues you mentioned are heating up... might be a good to time to snatch them up! wink.gif