• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you think I am obligated to disclose this....

102 posts in this topic

I have several Marvel SA keys that were bought as

PLODs because of Slight(A),small amounts of color touch.

Were I to send them out and have the CT removed,and after resubmission they recieved blue labels,do you think I am obligated to disclose their former lives as PLODs? popcorn.gif

As a buyer I would want to know. If I found out afterwards and knew the seller knew , I might not buy from again. Also, there would be some type of solvent used to "clean" the color touch and that would concern me an get me to wonder why that wouldn't fall under the same heading as cleaning or glue removal.

As a buyer I would want to know. If I found out afterwards and knew the seller knew , I might not buy from again. Also, there would be some type of solvent used to "clean" the color touch and that would concern me an get me to wonder why that wouldn't fall under the same heading as cleaning or glue removal.

Let me also mention that I'm not against resoration, particularly if the pages are nice and untouched. Cover work doesn't bother me if it's done right and makes a book more affordable to me. If a cover is saved because of resoration that can be a good thing. Minor aesthetic work to bring a high grade book higher does bother me.

Personally, I think not.

You are paying for a professional Service on both levels.

One for resto to be removed, and one to have the book re-graded.

If the third party opinion is Blue Label...that's the end of it.

Why ponder the matter, you are behaving responsibly, and by even seeking re-assurance in this matter, it shows you're not a scheister! thumbsup2.gif

Two months ago I might have answered differently.

Today I would say not only disclose it, but include a photocopy of the resto workorder with the book.

Just a possibility: say your book is purchased and the buyer wants to send it out for resto. The book arrives and the resto person notifies them that it is apparent the book has had resto removal. Buyer may contact you and seek refund on grounds you failed to disclose the book had been worked on. Chances are slim...but it has happened.

What is there to lose by disclosure??? I doubt seriously resto removal will impact your profit. If anything you will be viewed as an "upfront" seller.

What is there to lose by disclosure?

Does it make sense that a single dot of color on a cover can cause a book to lose 80% of its value?

If so, does it then make sense that removing that dot will raise the value 80%?

I have not made up my mind on this,so I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong,simply seeking opions

I have before photos of my Flash 105 which I will share with a buyer when I sell that book,but am uncetain if disclosing former problems is really a good idea.

If you bought a 9.2 book,resubbed it and it came back 9.4,would you disclose its former grade? While not exactly the same,its close.

My opinion.

Yes i do think you should disclose it because while it is unrestored again, the papers should still say ..work has been done to the book...If your taking resto off a book than work was done to take it off. .If it is a book that was previuosly slabbed than everyone is going to know the restoration was taken off once they see it in a blue label because they had previously seen it in a purple label.Just that reason alone would show your a man of integity and honesty if you mention it,because if you dont,there going to know it anyway.

An example is the Mile high Superman #1... it is unrestored again,everyone knows it was once restored.It is now the 8.0 blue label copy.Should Bechara disclose it was made unrestored again? You can see here its in his best interest to tell the truth[because we all know the truth.He can only look like a fool and a dishonest one at that if he didnt disclose it.....I hope you see my personal opinion.

Im sure Bechara would disclose this in my opinion.It makes good sence and is certainly good business.

Your logic has several flaws in it.

As neither of my books has ever been in a public auction, no one has ever seen scans of them.Looking at a scan of a FF#1 in a blue label,how would anyone ever know it had once been in a PLOD,without me mentioning it.

But I appreciate your thoughts on the subject.

If they were in plods before why wood i need to see it.I would contact cgc with the serial number and ask them if your blue label book was ever in a plod before.

Yes i do this because i buy very high dollar books and this unrestoring process is gaining momentum which im well aware.Even if i have never seen it physically,im going to find out.But thats me.For the bucks i pay im looking under every rock.

I dont see the flaw in my logic? I dont need to see the book to find out if it was in a plod before.......

Also, your under estimating the power of the comicbook grapevine.Information handed from one collector to another is bound to bring out that it was once in a plod.There are to many ways to possibly find out.If they dont find out at point of sale,they will find out someday through the grapevine.It may wind up only being a tumor.But to me it isnt worth the risk of the cancer it might cause to your reputation.And than who knows. Im listening to you guys and i see that so far 1/2 of you dont care and 1/2 of you do seem to care.Those odds are just to high not to disclose and thats from a business standpoint.Ethically, yes disclose it.