• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question regarding a Value submission
1 1

13 posts in this topic

A few months ago, I calculated the estimated turnaround for my submission.  Through that calculation, using TAT info published on the CGC website, I arrived at an estimate of Friday, August 6th.

Since then, I have noticed increasingly longer turnaround times being mentioned for the now-discontinued Value tier.  I understand things have been busy lately; however, do have the following question:

Were the turnaround times posted when CGC received my package irrelevant?  TAT for "a submission delivered to our facility today" don't seem applicable - in late August - to an order delivered to your facility on April 14th.

The submission # is 3848339.  Any ballpark estimate you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, in advance.  Have a wonderful day.

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message. The current turnaround time for the Value tier is about 174 business days.  Turnaround times are estimates and will change from week to week based on the volume of submissions we have coming in each week.  We are currently experiencing extremely high submission volumes and are working hard to complete submissions as quickly as possible while ensuring the quality of our services.  We apologize for any delays or inconvenience.

For specifics on your invoice, please contact our customer service department at 877-662-6642 or by email at submissions@cgccomics.com.

Thank you!

On 8/30/2021 at 9:06 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thanks for your message. The current turnaround time for the Value tier is about 174 business days.  Turnaround times are estimates and will change from week to week based on the volume of submissions we have coming in each week.  We are currently experiencing extremely high submission volumes and are working hard to complete submissions as quickly as possible while ensuring the quality of our services.  We apologize for any delays or inconvenience.

For specifics on your invoice, please contact our customer service department at 877-662-6642 or by email at submissions@cgccomics.com.

Thank you!

So, mid-December now instead of early August?  Helpful info, even if it's highly disappointing.

On 8/30/2021 at 9:06 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thank you!

Additionally, I have emailed submissions@cgccomics.com several times, going back to June.  Aside from the computer-generated auto reply, I have gotten no response.  In many ways, that's worse than the TAT issue.

My phone calls have yielded similar results.  I've been trying to get a consolidated invoice for nearly 90 days.

Sorry to complain on the forum.  However, CGC has been completely unresponsive through other channels.

On 8/30/2021 at 6:50 AM, Eric Perry said:
On 8/30/2021 at 6:06 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thank you!

Expand  

Additionally, I have emailed submissions@cgccomics.com several times, going back to June.  Aside from the computer-generated auto reply, I have gotten no response.  In many ways, that's worse than the TAT issue.

My phone calls have yielded similar results.  I've been trying to get a consolidated invoice for nearly 90 days.

Sorry to complain on the forum.  However, CGC has been completely unresponsive through other channels.

this is a good place to ask questions, they're pretty responsive.  Also, if they repeatedly ignore other stuff, no harm in politely posting on public social media pages (or sending private messages there).

On 8/30/2021 at 3:56 PM, revat said:

this is a good place to ask questions, they're pretty responsive.  Also, if they repeatedly ignore other stuff, no harm in politely posting on public social media pages (or sending private messages there).

I do try to conduct myself in a polite manner.  I'm getting older now (almost 50) and would like to think I've gained a little class along the way.

The younger me approached everything like Happy Gilmore.  :whatthe:  It usually didn't work out too well.

• Administrator
On 12/16/2021 at 1:47 PM, Eric Perry said:

@CGC Mike

Any ideas on how long this will take?  The submission # is 3848339.

For tax purposes, I'm trying to avoid booking the expense in 2022...especially considering CGC received this order over 8 months ago. TAT published at that time led me to believe this would be wrapped up by August.

I will contact customer service and have them contact you with an update on your submission.  If you don't hear anything by this time tomorrow, let me know.

Mike

• Administrator
On 12/16/2021 at 1:47 PM, Eric Perry said:

@CGC Mike

Any ideas on how long this will take?  The submission # is 3848339.

For tax purposes, I'm trying to avoid booking the expense in 2022...especially considering CGC received this order over 8 months ago. TAT published at that time led me to believe this would be wrapped up by August.

You have been sent an e-mail.  Contact accounting to settle up on the balance, and your submission will be forwarded to shipping.  I was told it takes about 5 days after the accounting issue is settled.  

Mike

On 12/16/2021 at 2:28 PM, CGC Mike said:

You have been sent an e-mail.  Contact accounting to settle up on the balance, and your submission will be forwarded to shipping.  I was told it takes about 5 days after the accounting issue is settled.  

Mike

CGC had had my payment info on file all this time.  It was even on the invoice.  Interesting they never charged my card until I called.

In any event, it looks like this has been resolved.  Thanks again, for everything.