• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Watchmen 1
4 4

7 posts in this topic

Hey, since someone else just put up their Watchmen 1, I thought I'd throw up mine also.  For comparison purposes!

I was also just curious in general about how much the back cover hits the overall grade.  That massive amount of black is rough.  Mine has what looks like some scuff marks, and maybe fingerprints (that might come out?), but also some random blue circles?  No idea what those are or where they came from.  I assume some kind of manufacturing thing?  Maybe ink transfer?

Thanks for looking!

IMG_0446.JPG

IMG_0447.JPG

IMG_0448.JPG

IMG_0449.JPG

IMG_0450.JPG

IMG_0451.JPG

IMG_0452.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0454.JPG

IMG_0455.JPG

IMG_0456.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG

8.5 largely due to the color rub. Spine looks alright but CGC seems to have a newer focus on frayed spines on issues with the heavier cover paper stock. Something to keep in mind.

Thanks for sharing.

On 8/28/2021 at 10:50 PM, grendelbo said:

8.5 largely due to the color rub. Spine looks alright but CGC seems to have a newer focus on frayed spines on issues with the heavier cover paper stock. Something to keep in mind.

Thanks for sharing.

Good to know about the focus on frayed spines for those particular books, thanks @grendelbo !!