• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HUGE Simon And Schuster Marvel Comics Fireside Books Hulk Display Poster!

Who has seen this before?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Have You Seen This Or Any Other Simon And Schuster Marvel Comics Poster?

3 posts in this topic

This warehouse find is something several comic book industry experts (and several major collectors) haven't seen. It was created by Simon And Schuster to advertise their Marvel Comics Fireside Books (1974-1978). This is approximately 40 x 50 inches and definitely would have been seen at trade shows and literary venues, back in the late-1970's. The only problem for a collector would be the framing cost and the space to hang it at.

1978SimonShusterPoster.thumb.jpg.afde793b8556eab8a1b81f7419166e5f.jpg

Anyone else seen this before or any other Simon And Shuster posters?

I remember walking into a bookstore on Long Island that had a huge display of the three Marvel Firesides the year Bring on the Bad Guys came out, but don't recall any sort of poster. 

It was just the books and that years Marvel calendar. I'd guess this was done to tie in to the television show rather than the Fireside books.

On 8/28/2021 at 3:04 PM, shadroch said:

I remember walking into a bookstore on Long Island that had a huge display of the three Marvel Firesides the year Bring on the Bad Guys came out, but don't recall any sort of poster. 

It was just the books and that years Marvel calendar. I'd guess this was done to tie in to the television show rather than the Fireside books.

Not sure it was for the TV series because no mention of CBS or Lou Ferrigno. Funny you mention the Marvel Calendars. Here was a counter top display sign for the 1978 Spider-Man calendar. This image was also the graphic for December in the calendar. Thanks for your post.

SpideyCounterDisplay.thumb.jpg.ab5072a6140e8ed29cd156ce0d983215.jpg