• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MOST WATCHED TOOL

33 posts in this topic

tlc,

You really take the cake as a total dutsche bag.

Seriously.

Attacking the most alienated & marginalized in a community confirms you to be in my book a two bit punk ex-Navy dip. Arent you supposed to protect the most vulnerable ?

You are simply a bully with no sense of honor,..and its probably the reason you joined the armed forces.

How does it feel picking on people ?

You are the epitome of 'WASTE' !!!!

KK

I would have to say that, unfortunately, YOU are the most watched tool on these boards. Getting far more attention than you deserve.

You tool! makepoint.giftongue.gif

F - U,.....................

twit.

Aw c'mon, dont get so offended, its just a harmless joke poke2.gif

tlc,

Seriously.

Attacking the most alienated & marginalized in a community confirms you to be in my book a two bit punk ex-Navy dip. Arent you supposed to protect the most vulnerable ?

You are simply a bully with no sense of honor,..and its probably the reason you joined the armed forces.

KK

The marganalized and alienated in a community should definitely be protected and not attacked. Unless, that is, they cr@p on people's doorsteps, ring the bell and run away.

tlc,

Seriously.

KK

The marganalized and alienated in a community should definitely be protected and not attacked. Unless, that is, they cr@p on people's doorsteps, ring the bell and run away.

GPCOVE,...who the F are you and TLC ?,..ambassadors for the comic collecting hobby ? I never derided either of you personally,..I merely stated I find comic collecting will go the way of the DO-DO because its a utterly stupid and ridiculous hobby when you look at all the problems associated with establishing a viable market when you consider:

- comic values are HIGHLY established by condition

- paper like all ephemra degrades over time

- trimming, pressing, & other non detectable restoration techniques

- CGC slab damage

I could go on and on,.....

AND I AM RIGHT !!!!!,...and this is what sticks in your guys craws.

So please,....justifing your attacking me is pretty low,...you just dont like the message.

And collecting OA has none of these problems? If it doesn't yet, it will.

tlc,

Seriously.

KK

GPCOVE,...who the F are you and TLC ?,..ambassadors for the comic collecting hobby ? I never derided either of you personally,..I merely stated I find comic collecting will go the way of the DO-DO because its a utterly stupid and ridiculous hobby when you look at all the problems associated with establishing a viable market when you consider:

- CGC slab damage

I could go on and on,.....

AND I AM RIGHT !!!!!,...and this is what sticks in your guys craws.

So please,....justifing your attacking me is pretty low,...you just dont like the message.

Hey SmellKat, don't play the "Oh poor me, I'm a victim" routine. Remember the following quotes:

SmellyKat Quote: "YOU ARE TOO POOR TO AFFORD GOOD MATERIAL".

and my latest favorite..

SmellyKat Quote - to a female board member: "I wanna hear it from your own lips (no pun intended)".

It's [embarrassing lack of self control] like this that should get you banned. Do you really need anymore explanation as to why so many folks would like you gone?

- comic values are HIGHLY established by condition Like all 'antiques'

- paper like all ephemra degrades over time What exactly is the base of OA?

- trimming, pressing, & other non detectable restoration techniques Wasn't such a big issue when you came on board

- CGC slab damage Obfuscation

You know why you offended people and it was nothing to do with the above. It was purely the web of deceit you laid behind you.

I couldn't give 3 hoots about the rest. 90%+ of my collection is low grade, low demand books that I might get my money back on, but are just as likely to one day be unsaleable. I buy them to read and the amount of money I have tied up in them (when looked at over the 30+ years I've been throwing money at them) is tiny. I regularly see books people post in the GA forum which would be worth more than my entire collection put together.

So no, I'm not an ambassador. BUT I DO FIND THE CONTINUOUS SHOUTING, hidden agendas and general scatology hard to take.

But hey, the Tyson thread was good!

- comic values are HIGHLY established by condition Like all 'antiques'

- paper like all ephemra degrades over time What exactly is the base of OA?

- trimming, pressing, & other non detectable restoration techniques Wasn't such a big issue when you came on board

- CGC slab damage Obfuscation

- Not like all antiques,...one of a kind items are MUCH, MUCH, MUCH less focused on condition. Comic books are WHOLLY centered around condition. In fact,...comics without the differentiation of condition is a NON-EXISTENT hobby. Comic collecting without a condition component will NEVER exist. It is this fact that is most insane,...especially when one consider that PAPER NATURALLY DEGRADES OVER TIME. Truly a scary hobby.

- OA degrades over time but the relationship between condition and VALUE is not even close to as silly as comic books.

- And I have been involved in comics for over two decades so if you think it coincidental that this trimming, pressing issue coincidentally arises around the same time I have told everybody that the hobby is 'set for a fall' I dont think you appreciate the cycles of boom and bust that is a natural part of the hobby,....ALWAYS PREDICATED ON MALEVOLENT BEHAVIOUR,.....ALWAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!

- And CGC slab damage is not obfuscation ,....that is fact,...when the market dictates premiums upon CGC sealed books that wouldnt necessarily accrue to raw books,...YET !!!....YET,....the very process that fosters a CGC book creates DAMAGE,...ACTUAL damage to the book,...you dont see lunacy ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Thats not obfuscation sir,...thats scary f-in sh#t in a market where condition is the driving factor determining price.

- AND YES,...'The Tyson' thread was fun : )

You are much cooler as 'the man with no name' than you were as gpcove (he was an arsehole).

tlc is a bully,...thats a fact.

I HAVE BEEN SPEAKING TRUTHS FOR A YEAR NOW,....HOPEFULLY PEOPLE HAVE CAUGHT ON.

KK

PS - I own the most amazing raw comic collection,..multiple copies of FF 1,2,3's....ASM's...1,2,3,...AF15's...all in KICK-[embarrassing lack of self control] condition,...I just see whats going on,..and it is obbvious. Hence,..I now focus on OA.

Oh, poor SK. Do you need a tissue? Maybe a little cheeze?

What in Blue Blazes are u talking about you stupid OAF !!!!!!

Im not even Brad Savage you stupid mo-fo !!1,...Im just an eighteen year old kid successfully makng a fool of ya ! yay.gif

It must suck for your wife having such a stupid husband.

Oh, poor SK. Do you need a tissue? Maybe a little cheeze?

What in Blue Blazes are u talking about you stupid OAF !!!!!!

Im not even Brad Savage you stupid mo-fo !!1,...Im just an eighteen year old kid successfully makng a fool of ya ! yay.gif

It must suck for your wife having such a stupid husband.

You must be 18 to not get that. Let me explain it to you.

1. What's one use for a tissue? To whipe your tears...boo hoo, I'm SK and everyone is picking on me.

2. What goes with cheeze? How about some wine...or in your case whine...

Wow! That's a lot for an Avengers 3 page. But, it is a classic, battle page and is, in fact, the page where the two of them agree to team up. So, pretty historic.

All of this classic early Silver Age art is going up in price rapidly these days; the Kirby market in particular is rightfully heating up.

Congrats to the winner, who happens to be a good friend of mine, and a great guy.

Best,

There is a great notation at the bottom of the page. I guess Stan wrote it.

It says "Lets team up" -- i.e. - Kirby should draw a page where they decide to team up in the end and Kirby came up with the panels.

Does anyone else think that Hulk looks 'odd' in the last two panels compared to the top left panel? It does not look like Kirby Hulk in those panels. It looks more like the inker there.

Has anyone else seen the 1st page splash for this issue? For some reason Sub-Mariner was missing so the owner had an artist draw Sub-Mariner ON THE ART BOARD - I never understood why they simply didn't have the artist draw one on a stat and paste that on...