• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Silver Surfer #9
3 3

8 posts in this topic

Let me know what you think of my Silver Surfer #9. Front left side has minor indentions; LRFC (lower right front cover) - corner crease (less than .25") with color break; ULBC corner crease (.25") with no color break; ULBC-abrasion; spine is flat.  URFC-corner crease (less than .25") with color break. 

SS 9 1 (1).jpg

SS 9 2 (1).jpg

SS 9 3 (1).jpg

SS 9 4 (1).jpg

SS 9 5 (1).jpg

SS 9 7 (1).jpg

SS 9 8 (1).jpg

SS 9 6 (1).jpg

Edited by rockyandroll
added URFC corner crease

I think this book should be graded a 7.0

I tried to follow the guidelines in The Overstreet Guide to Grading Comics, Sixth Edition. I quoted from the Guide for “FINE/VERY FINE 7.0” 

I thought this book was similar or even better than the book on page 166. 

Here is my analysis: 

Front cover: “Moderate reduction in reflectivity” allowed. Some reduction in reflectivity (white SILVER SURFER). 

Spine: “Slightest roll allowed.”  Flat, no noticeable roll. 

Corners: “may be blunted or abraded.”  Upper right and lower right slightly blunted. 

Creases: “minor creases allowed.” Minor creases are individually .125” to .25” and can total 3-5 defects (page 21 of Overstreet Guide to Grading Comics, Sixth Edition). (1) Lower Right Front Cover has a crease less than .25”. (2) Upper Right Front Cover has a crease less than .25”; (3) Upper Left Back Cover has crease less than .25”.  

Just trying to understand if I’m not seeing something. 

Overstreet 1 (1).jpg