• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED
1 1

14 posts in this topic

5 Simple Rules (Please, please read)

:rulez:

1st :takeit: wins; tie/indeterminate goes to the thread.

Payment is Check or Money Order (yeah, yeah I know I'm a dinosaur, troglodyte, luddite, mennonite, hermaphrodite etc. - I just don't have or want e-payments.)

Shipping: USPS Priority between $8 (flip n ship mailer in a Legal Flat Rate Envelope) to $15 (Medium Priority Box) for raws. 

Don't be listy (tsk) including the little one in my head.

Returns: Raws; sure, just notify me within three days of receipt and get in back to me in the same shape on your dime. No returns on slabs.

(Kudos thread linked under my avatar.)

Edited by Readcomix

Offering these three consecutive WWII era issues as a lot. These are pretty cool in that the first half of each book is a war comic but the back half still features superheroes/action heroes; Music Master, Hydroman, Man O’ Metal and Flyin’ Jenny. These are among the last issues of the series to contain Golden Age heroes, before a full cutover to war-based and other content.

I thought about offering this lot in my long, ongoing “You Might Find It” thread over in Mixed, (and you may certainly combine shipping) but it seems that the Golden Age crowd mostly doesn’t venture over there. There are a few GA books in that thread, but I may also add the few remaining ones intended for it over here instead. Either way, I thought this fun little trio should be offered on its own. I’ll post several pix of each, then a price for the lot.

Heroic Comics #28 (January 1945) this one approaches FN range. Henry Kiefer painted flamethrower cover. It is a smidge narrower than the other 2 but I believe it is badly miscut, not trimmed, as it is just as tall and the page edges still form a point; the edge is not uniformly straight as with trimmed books. Last Man O’ Metal, 2nd to last Hydroman. (If those two heroes did not inspire the Spidey villains Molten Man and Hydro-Man, I am shocked.)

D69DB448-B1A6-484E-A0AF-1F830B4543A6.jpeg

6CABA538-8341-443B-B5BA-74CD0DA4E262.jpeg

F5942B0F-8CD9-4EF6-BDAF-16560A3B07F2.jpeg

75BE2D5D-DA4C-461A-BEBF-1124EA82F3D5.jpeg

00A3DC1E-AF7B-44E6-A5E7-A8CE7B57AC66.jpeg

AF64840B-303E-4B32-AC93-C78D0D5103B7.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Fritzi Ritz #56 (1st Dell issue). Tough to grade; pretty copy. Hard to see on the red, but there’s some soiling on the cover and (2nd pic) slight vertical tear on front cover near spine, maybe 1/2”. Revising grade to FN/FN- though it presents well.

Let’s say $25

(well under the nicest copy on eBay, which ain’t this nice)

0E5582E2-CDAA-439E-9CA3-C71657D479EE.jpeg

777C4130-C04B-4F5C-9A14-42296C98BF79.jpeg

7C607F11-1650-4666-A5DF-179080D4E22F.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix
Grade and price drop