• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Order Stuck in CCS

10 posts in this topic

Hello. I am writing regarding order CGC6716016041 (submission 3881317) and was hoping for an update, please. Please note, this is a WALKTHOUGH order. My order has been in "CCS in Process" for the last month and a half. When my order was submitted for CCS the turn around time for WK was 21 work days. Now it is 43 work days and seems to grow faster than my order can be processed. 

Can you please update me on the status of my order with a expected date for completion of CCS so that it may be moved to grading? In addition, I am still hoping that the grading department will correct the the error in identifying my submission that a ticket was already created for on on arrival.

Thank you

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  Yes, the current turnaround time for Walkthrough pressing is approximately 43 business days.  It will probably be a couple of weeks yet until your order has finished pressing.  Turnaround times do change from week to week depending on the volume of submissions received. You will receive an email once the submission has moved to CGC to start grading.

Thank you!

Hi. Thank you for the reply. However, I still seems to be confused. When my order was received by you the wait was 21 days. 43 days is the current time, if it was received today. So, it went from 4 weeks when received to now 2+ months? Can you please explain why my wait time is increasing despite already being received and put in que? 

On 8/31/2021 at 10:29 AM, Rainbow in the Park said:

Because TATs are estimates and change every week.

"Because Fast Track, Walk Thru, and Express submissions received after your books automatically jump the line in front of you."

Please take the time to actually read my post before responding. My order is a walkthrough and I clearly indicated this in my post. Why are orders automatically jumping my walkthough? Especially lower tier orders?

Ok, I think you are just trying to troll me now. 

For what it is worth - to answer your question:  "How do you know that orders are jumping your Walk Thru?"

Well, um..because that is your exact quote:  "Because Fast Track, Walk Thru, and Express submissions received after your books automatically jump the line in front of you."

Did you not write that?

In addition, you report that TAT are not based on when they are received. Yet here is a quote from Jennifer:

"The turnaround times would start when your package is delivered to our office."

So, not sure what "Incorrect" means. 

Also, you have done a lot of posting since joining on Thursday. Are you affiliated with CGC or just presenting your opinion? I cannot tell from your responses and this forum is for communicating with CGC primarily, so I am unclear.

Edited by ekahn
typo

I think the turnaround time thing has always been confusing, and I'm not sure CGC wants it to be super clear.  Here's my take on it.

1.  They do keep updating it, so it is constantly changing.

2.  I think its the turnaround time of comics that got graded today (or recently).  So of the 1000 comics in "ABC TIER", that got graded today (or this week, or since the last update), the average turnaround time ("logging in the submission" to "Pressed and ready to be sent to CGC for grading") is XXX days.

3.  SO when you saw "21 Days" turnaround, that meant books that were finished that day (week, whatever) took 21 business days, and books being finished when you asked the question are taking 43 days.  

So its more "loose guidance estimate" of how long books are taking that are finishing "now" than a true estimate of how long your book will actually take if you submitted now.  But that is the best available estimate based on data they can give you, so they give it.

On 8/31/2021 at 12:40 PM, revat said:

I think the turnaround time thing has always been confusing, and I'm not sure CGC wants it to be super clear.  Here's my take on it.

1.  They do keep updating it, so it is constantly changing.

2.  I think its the turnaround time of comics that got graded today (or recently).  So of the 1000 comics in "ABC TIER", that got graded today (or this week, or since the last update), the average turnaround time ("logging in the submission" to "Pressed and ready to be sent to CGC for grading") is XXX days.

3.  SO when you saw "21 Days" turnaround, that meant books that were finished that day (week, whatever) took 21 business days, and books being finished when you asked the question are taking 43 days.  

So its more "loose guidance estimate" of how long books are taking that are finishing "now" than a true estimate of how long your book will actually take if you submitted now.  But that is the best available estimate based on data they can give you, so they give it.

I am not 100% clear as well but the idea of setting estimates based on completion rates would make some sense. More of a retrospective rather than prospective approach to estimate.

Thank you for the post revat. That does provide a bit of info. Have a good day