• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm leaving ebay as a seller...where should I go for better protection?
3 3

62 posts in this topic

On 9/3/2021 at 5:04 PM, shadroch said:

I don't know and don't really care. I've heard he was among the ones who convinced Buddy to remove the politics from the newsletter, which is a good idea no matter what views one holds. 

As far as the $50 minimum, it is a suggestion, not a rule. I got a check one week for $11 which was one book at $16 minus their minimum fee. 

You can also group books together- a BA Iron Man may not qualify but group six together and you have a lot that is eligible to be auctioned off. 

I've moved a number of mini-series with their auction lots. You need to do your research and see what sells. 

It should be noted that MCS also purchases books outright, with their offer price listed right on the site for most things. I've often used their purchase price as a comparison to my listings on eBay, and many times I have ended up selling to them after not being able to get sales on eBay. Have to keep in mind the strict grading when doing this, of course.

On 9/3/2021 at 7:37 AM, 1Cool said:

E-Bay is still the way to go for people who have a bunch of books to sell.  I'd sell books valued at over $600 on ComicLink or possibly ComicConnect (depending on the book) but for books under $500 I've had no issues at all with E-Bay over the years.  The last 12 months have been the best I've had by double in terms of sales so I'm not going anywhere in terms of the old E-Bay.

I agree slab sellers have all the problems on ebay from fraud and theft. Not sure why sellers don't file with local 
police when they have this issue. I've done this twice and got my money or books back both times. Ebay gives you
all the documentation to use. I am not saying there are not problems, but like 1Cool Ive been there for 20+ years with
very little problems.