• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top 10 Best Villain performances by Actors in Comics, who you got?
1 1

51 posts in this topic

On 9/10/2021 at 5:42 AM, eschnit said:

So I caught The Punisher on Netflix, and loved it, albeit, it wasn’t universally well thought of.  I started Daredevil, but stopped after a couple episodes, was just annoyed with the whole cancelling of certain shows because of Disney+ or whatever. I didn’t realize D’Onofrio played Kingpin.  He is an exceptional actor in my opinion.  He’s such a in Godfather of Harlem.  So good.  I see he’s coming back in Hawkeye.  Good at making the good guy with issues look like the good guy, because he’s such a punk.  Look forward to it.  He’s perfect for that role.  Makes sense for a Spidey movie at some point.

There's a scene from Daredevil season 2 where Fisk and Murdock are talking over a table in the prison where Fisk is being held...it's the best thing I've ever see D'onofrio do. It's spine-tingling

On 9/10/2021 at 7:51 AM, Mystafo said:

There's a scene from Daredevil season 2 where Fisk and Murdock are talking over a table in the prison where Fisk is being held...it's the best thing I've ever see D'onofrio do. It's spine-tingling

Okay, I’ll have to check it out.  If you haven’t seen Godfather of Harlem, highly recommended.  Without giving anything away, Forest Whitaker plays a kingpin drug dealer, D’Onofrio is some of his competition, and makes Whitaker’s character look like a saint.  And he’s totally believable.  Like, you know the way say Bardem is in No Country, Ledger in Dark Knight, Pacino in The Godfather, as if they’re not playing a character at all.  One of my favorite actors. 

Michael Rooker/Merle and David Morrissey/Governor in Walking Dead are pretty great.  J.D. Morgan as Negan sucked for me though, that's when I stopped watching the show, just couldn't roll with it, good acting, just simply miscast.  Needed someone way more menacing- physically and psychically. someone with the charisma/presence capable of  compeling fear & allegiance.  Plus he bashed out Glen's eye.  What an A-hole!  Not top ten but worth submitting...

Edited by Black Bat

On 9/3/2021 at 8:33 AM, eschnit said:

Gold/Silver mix...

I’ve been paying attention over the years.  Here’s my list...who did I leave off that you think should be included?  In most cases, it’s likely I chose to leave them off, but have seen the performances. But everyone has an opinion:

#1 Heath Ledger - The Joker

HM Cesar Romero, Jack Nicholson, Joaquin Phoenix 

#2 Gene Hackman - Lex Luthor

#3 Julie Newmar - Catwoman

HM Michelle Pfeiffer

#4 Bane - Tom Hardy

#5 Magneto - Ian Mckellen

#6 General Zod - Terence Stamp

#7 Green Goblin - Willem Defoe

#8 Penguin - Burgess Meredith 

#9 Talia al Ghul - Marion Cotillard

#10 Doc Ock - Alfred Molina

Marion Cotillard as Talia al Ghul and Liam Neeson as Ra's al Ghul  might be my top 2. Many of the villains seem too campy on screen.

I’ll add a very early favorite that was an introduction to the hero/villain theme for me.

Charles Middletons Ming looked like a satan caricature and his daughter was wow kind of bad.

CAE1F19D-4678-4609-9324-E6D3DD34A912.thumb.jpeg.10aac352f90692ee240837e9024ed02d.jpeg

7D8DA355-E2DD-4505-B74B-D82BD9E40A6A.jpeg.afe135ea0beb898fc6440e3389dd4dd9.jpeg

EC62BCA4-EC3E-48FE-869C-92CDF17CAE6A.jpeg.93228bd61597833523d74a2d190767d7.jpeg

On 9/3/2021 at 1:51 PM, Bird said:

I thought Hardy was just okay as Bane. the character did nothing for me on screen. 

I just remember the heavy criticism of his voice on the character. People were laughing at him in the theatres…

On 10/1/2021 at 10:57 PM, N e r V said:

I just remember the heavy criticism of his voice on the character. People were laughing at him in the theatres…

I haven't been to a movie theater in at least 7 years. People's continuous lighting up of their cell phones ruined that experience for me.

Bane was a boring character and would have been no matter who played the role. The Dark Knight Rises would have been completely forgettable if not for Marion Cotillard and the sub-plot involving Talia Al Ghul.

How could no one mention(?!?!?): 

Arnold Schwarzenegger : Mr. Freeze (Batman & Robin)

Faye Dunaway : Selena (Supergirl)

Sharon Stone : Laurel Hedere (Catwoman)

Uma Thurman ; Poison Ivy (Batman & Robin)

Jamie Foxx : Electro (Amazing Spider-Man 2)

and the GOAT, Mark Pillow : Nuclear Man (Superman IV : The Quest For Peace)