• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Superman 57
4 4

49 posts in this topic

On 9/4/2021 at 8:29 PM, Wolverinex said:

simpsons-adderall.gif.ff629cc8c0518d38fd7c672b658c8a82.gif

Seriously though, what's that, how'd you do it and I want more.

Also, nothing is setting off resto-alarms for me.

That is so cool...I'm not even sure what I'm looking at...but, it's great.

@The Lions Den has pointed out, CT usually serves some nefarious purpose of concealing a defect(s). Generally, if along the spine, it's a CB tick(s) or if on the wrap, small inconspicuous defect(s). If amateur, it is usually very obvious. If professional, much harder to detect. CgC has noted "pen" marks on wraps that they deem accidental in nature, or writing and not what they would consider marks for the purposes of restoration/concealment. Also, books of this vintage were manufactured when the printing process resulted in a fair amount of color offset, misaligned wraps, poor cuts, etc., thereby resulting in much variation in appearance from copy to copy. 

On 9/5/2021 at 8:31 AM, Funnybooks said:

That is so cool...I'm not even sure what I'm looking at...but, it's great.

@The Lions Den has pointed out, CT usually serves some nefarious purpose of concealing a defect(s). Generally, if along the spine, it's a CB tick(s) or if on the wrap, small inconspicuous defect(s). If amateur, it is usually very obvious. If professional, much harder to detect. CgC has noted "pen" marks on wraps that they deem accidental in nature, or writing and not what they would consider marks for the purposes of restoration/concealment. Also, books of this vintage were manufactured when the printing process resulted in a fair amount of color offset, misaligned wraps, poor cuts, etc., thereby resulting in much variation in appearance from copy to copy. 

Someone mentioned to me that my initial inversion,  the photo was a little distorted.  here's a better inversion  photo after taking it under sunlight.  The Superman Title looks a lot more uniform.

Look how much the 2 with the erasure pops!

I

star.thumb.jpg.834d3602bb692c78c628a9d70fe306e0.jpg

Edited by Wolverinex

On 9/5/2021 at 11:55 AM, oakman29 said:

Kav says it's a 6.0 with a G.A. bump.👍

And I'm a little hurt that I wasnt in the list of big boy graders........ Just sayin'. 🤨

haha.  I haven't seen you in PGM forum before so I didn't know if you ventured in here.  I will add you to my list for next time!

On 9/5/2021 at 8:59 AM, Wolverinex said:

haha.  I haven't seen you in PGM forum before so I didn't know if you ventured in here.  I will add you to my list for next time!

I'm usually not , but it was fun to be a pain in the butt.😂

On 9/5/2021 at 11:58 AM, Wolverinex said:

Yes, holding for now but I"ll let you know if I decide to offload it?

Don't know if I could afford it... I'd think it would be north of a thousand. Sweet book. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Ink gloss and type can vary by color on books from the late 40's to the 50's.... and even on the same cover. Some covers use a flat black called Matte that creates an interesting affect, but will look odd when first seen. Some DC's will have a full Matte finish on the cover ... basically printed without gloss. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12