• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Superman 57
4 4

49 posts in this topic

I even put down my phone and broke out the tablet to take a good look and I couldn't see any restoration. You could also try a different, strong light source and angle a picture or two. Amateur resto will likely stand out.

On 9/4/2021 at 2:23 PM, grendelbo said:

I even put down my phone and broke out the tablet to take a good look and I couldn't see any restoration. You could also try a different, strong light source and angle a picture or two. Amateur resto will likely stand out.

Black light…

On 9/4/2021 at 4:19 PM, Funnybooks said:

I would be surprised if it was CT

So I just compared to another Boardie's copy and the dark outline around SUPERMAN and along his right leg seems to be the same... so maybe not?  @funnybooks, seeing the black outline around SUPERMAN, on the back page could be just normal?

On 9/4/2021 at 4:23 PM, grendelbo said:

I'll get better photos tonight... it was really the Outline of SUPERMAN and the asymmetric dark line on the right side of his left leg that bothered me...

Then I also was looking on the back page and I can kinda see a faint dark black line around the words SUPERMAN.

However, a fellow boardie just sent me this for comparison.

https://reececomics.com/product/superman-53-cgc-8-0-white-pages/

On 9/4/2021 at 4:24 PM, Wolverinex said:

So I just compared to another Boardie's copy and the dark outline around SUPERMAN and along his right leg seems to be the same... so maybe not?  @funnybooks, seeing the black outline around SUPERMAN, on the back page could be just normal?

Appears normal to me for a book of this vintage. A beauty for sure