• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coverless with reproduction cover

4 posts in this topic

I have a Fantastic Four #1 coverless with a reproduction cover. Obviously, I am aware it will get a NG grade but when I have sent in comics in the past in the same condition, the repop cover was removed and sent back separately from the book. I would not have sent it with the book if I didnt want it encapsulated with the original comic and I have seen NG books with repop covers before, (likely taped in or stapled etc). My question is, what is CGC's policy on this? If I want the new cover encapsulated with the original book, (for display purposes) what needs to be done to make sure that happens. I certainly dont want to damage the book just to attach the new cover to it.

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  I did check with the graders on this and they advised that a reproduction cover must be attached for us to include it with the interior.  The best way to do it is through the original staples, but it may also be attached with tape or restoration (restoration will result in a purple NG label though)

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!