• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superheroes to be wary of?
1 1

18 posts in this topic

Recently, a family member posed the following question, "Is there a superhero who saves/rescues people, but also lifts their wallet or steals their watch?"

Back when I was actively reading comics, I don't believe there was such a character. But it's been many years since I cracked open a new comic, so I can't say one way or the other if such a character exists today.

I found the question intriguing, however, so I thought I'd ask here.

Anybody think of any examples?

TBH

I remember reading the guild and involving the character Gambit, while part of the the guild running New Orleans, they would "save" damsels and or such and make off with their valuables.... be it their body or possessions.....

That is the closest I can think of off the bat.... :foryou: 

On 9/5/2021 at 10:58 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

TBH

I remember reading the guild and involving the character Gambit, while part of the the guild running New Orleans, they would "save" damsels and or such and make off with their valuables.... be it their body or possessions.....

Yeah, I'd say early-arc Gambit, definitely. Some iterations of Catwoman. And the Italian comic book character Diabolik (at least when he leans more heroic).

On 9/5/2021 at 11:11 AM, Qalyar said:
On 9/5/2021 at 10:58 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

TBH

Yeah, I'd say early-arc Gambit, definitely. Some iterations of Catwoman. And the Italian comic book character Diabolik (at least when he leans more heroic).

Might as well through the Black-Cat into that mix, good on you for thinking of some DC :tink: 

Conan 

Judge Dredd might rescue you but then sentence you to ten years for some minor infraction.

I've never read the comic, but as seen on the show The Boys, I wouldn't trust some of them.

Edited by shadroch

Yeah, I did give thought to Punisher. What about his DC counterpart, Lobo? (I, admittedly, have never read his stories.)

Never even thought about Conan. Does make sense, though. If you squint.

What about that little guy that Superman sometimes fights, Mr Mxyplk. I know he's more of a prankster than a hero, but does he fit the bill?

Storm, when she was very young, orphaned and homeless in Africa.

That’s before her super-heroine days, though.

Good question.

Edited by Ken Aldred