• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about event signings/drop-off
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I have multiple books I'll be getting graded and witnessed sigs at baltimore comiccon in October, and had a couple of questions.

1 - is it possible to fill out submission forms ahead of time so I don't need to at the show? Or just do that at the booth when I get there?

2 - these books will be getting multiple sigs, I believe one of them is up to about 17 different artists/authors that will be at the show now that I intend on getting it signed by. How is that handled? I figured a CGC rep would need to be in possession of the book to authenticate sigs etc since it isn't like I'm just getting it signed once. Also, in the case that I couldn't get all 17 done in one day, would the rep hold on to that book until the second day and them continue with getting the sigs?

New to con submissions and witnessed sigs, any help is appreciated!

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.

Unfortunately, as of right now, CGC will not be attending that show.  You can find a listing of any upcoming events on our website here: Events | CGC (cgccomics.com) 

However, there will most likely be a CGC authorized facilitator that can provide witnesses for you and submit the books to us on your behalf.  You can find a listing of facilitators here:   https://www.cgccomics.com/signature-series/facilitators/

You can also check our Signature Room chat board to find out which facilitators might be attending the show.  You can access that here: The Signature Room - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

Signature series forms cannot be completed online.  Those forms must be obtained at the show.  You can reach out to the facilitator for more details on how to submit, but generally once a book is signed, the chain of custody dictates that from then on it must remain in the custody of either CGC or a CGC authorized facilitator. 

Thanks!