• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will CGC slab a book backwards?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 9/6/2021 at 3:27 PM, SaintMichael said:

Hello, quick question.

Will CGC slab a book backwards with the back cover facing the front versus the actual cover of the book, if requested by the owner once the book has been graded?

Thank you,

Mike

I'm sorry we cannot do this at this time.

On 9/9/2021 at 8:27 PM, Gaard said:

Yes they will. I specifically requested they slab a Darkchylde #1 flipbook (Glory/Angela #1) with the Darkchylde side, which was the back cover, facing front.

TECHNICALLY not backwards, since it's a dual/flip book, staples on the left in either case - right?

On 9/10/2021 at 7:28 PM, Fisionbomb said:

TECHNICALLY not backwards, since it's a dual/flip book, staples on the left in either case - right?

Yes. However, the indicia (is that the right word?) says it's Glory/Angela: Angels in Hell #1. (It's also on the CGC label). link

On 9/10/2021 at 7:44 PM, Gaard said:

Yes. However, the indicia (is that the right word?) says it's Glory/Angela: Angels in Hell #1. (It's also on the CGC label). link

Still though, a pretty glaring difference when it comes to slabbing a book backwards (normal back cover, staples on the right).

On 9/10/2021 at 7:25 PM, OtherEric said:

A bit of an aside, what book did you want slabbed backwards?  The two I can think of where I might want that would be Starslayer #2 or Caliber Presents #1, but I'm sure there are others.

My copies are both bagged and boarded with the back cover presenting. They've been like that for years and years. I'd want them slabbed this way.

On 9/12/2021 at 1:12 PM, grendelbo said:

My copies are both bagged and boarded with the back cover presenting. They've been like that for years and years. I'd want them slabbed this way.

Not sure how I have them currently - they’re both in storage- but I’ve flipped back and forth on both of them in the past.