• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Private Signing - Robert Downey Jr.
1 1

14 posts in this topic

• Administrator
CGC, in partnership with SWAU, is excited to announce an exclusive Private Signing event with Robert Downey Jr.!
Best known for his role as Tony Stark in the blockbuster franchise Iron Man, two-time Academy Award nominee and Golden Globe winner Robert Downey Jr. will be doing an exclusive autograph and memorabilia signing with SWAU.
Downey Jr. will be signing items from his role as Tony Stark in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, as well as roles in Sherlock Holmes, Chaplin, and more. All proceeds from the signing will fund FootPrint Coalition’s nonprofit, which makes grants to advance and promote the adoption of environmental technologies and sustainability. The submission deadline for this signing is Friday, December 3, 2021. Check out the link below for all the details!

thumbnail_RDJ Website Tile All Proceeds-2.jpg

Does "No Multi-Sigs included with other signings" mean that witnessed signatures from prior events cannot be carried forward? For example, could I get a book signed at the Simu Liu signing and then have a facilitator send it on to the RDJ signing to be graded and slabbed afterwards? I don't think there is enough turn around time for a book to be slabbed after the Simu Liu signing and make it to the RDJ signing in time.

Does anyone know how CGC tells RDJ what to sign? I paid for the extra "Iron Man" sig but there's nothing on my packing slip that indicates that is my request other than the extra cost. I'm pretty sure I put it in during the submission process but I can't find where they store that info.

As a safety measure I wrote "Iron Man" on my window bag but not sure if that's enough to ensure that he'll sign it that way. 

My first time getting signatures and I just got my RDJ books back and I'm disappointed.  They were slabbed and the grades didn't change which is good, but you can't really see the signatures.   There's no place on the submission form to request a particular ink color.  As much as his signatures costed, you'd think there'd be an option to specify pen color or more quality control to prevent this sort of thing from happening.  

One signature isn't terrible, but this one (attached) is almost invisible unless you hold it at a certain angle.  I had a picture signed by Hemsworth via SWAU and they let me pick the pen color, provide a reference image showing right where I wanted the signature/quote, they are very customer service oriented.  

This picture shows it in its best light.  So basically $1000 for an invisible signature.  

Was it something I did wrong?  

RDJInvisoSig.jpg

Ouch, sorry to see this. You did nothing wrong.

Here's what you can do in the future which has worked (for comic creators) in the past for when you send in an existing slab that you want to get signed

1) when sending in a slab, send in your own cut up window bag where you want signature to go with the slab  When they crack, CGC will crack slab and place in the bag for signing.  If no bag, then they will use theirs which is the one they sell/advertise which allows them to sign anywhere

2) when you create your window bag, you can write in on the painter tape your request for the color you want for the signature.  

On 7/28/2022 at 4:08 PM, waynemel said:

Ouch, sorry to see this. You did nothing wrong.

Here's what you can do in the future which has worked (for comic creators) in the past for when you send in an existing slab that you want to get signed

1) when sending in a slab, send in your own cut up window bag where you want signature to go with the slab  When they crack, CGC will crack slab and place in the bag for signing.  If no bag, then they will use theirs which is the one they sell/advertise which allows them to sign anywhere

2) when you create your window bag, you can write in on the painter tape your request for the color you want for the signature.  

Thank you!  For 1K I shouldn't NEED a hack, but I'm glad to have one IF I ever do this again.  Thanks again!