• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USPS LAG Warning.

7 posts in this topic

I've been getting an alarming number of inquiries as to comics that have been shipped in the past few weeks, but had not yet arrived at their destination. Because this would (of course) potentially affect my eBay feedback, I asked my local office what was up. Here's what she told me...

1. The Albuquerque hub is suffering from some sort of shake-up, which is delaying statewide delivery by 2 to 5 business days.

2. The feds are actively screening a huge amount of mail in 14 national hubs around the country for "terrorist-related" materials. Another potential delay.

3. There seems to be a unsaid national hiring freeze in effect that started 3 weeks ago. Another potential delay.

4. Katrina totally screwed up the usps mail protocol, and they are still searching for cost-effective alternitives. Expected delay.

I sent a letter out on September 30th first class, this would usually be delivered in 3-5 days. Now it may reach the intended recipient anytime in the week after today. That's a 6 day lag!!!! For 1st class!!! To a non-hurricane-affected region...

However priority mail is still running smoothly from what I know because I sent out a mass mailer of high-end books that I sold last week and they got through with absolutely no lag time at all. tongue.gif

I personally think that instead of enacting a hiring freeze, maybe the USPS should hire people who were screwed over by Katrina to get the mail running on time again. sign-rantpost.gif

I've noticed the same thing....I've been sending stuff to CGC and other places overnight guaranteed and when it does not arrive within 24 hrs, the good thing is I get a $40 refund on my shipping cost!!

I had the same problem mailing one of my bills 15 minutes away from my house. It took over a week to get there and to boot I got some nice late charges. frustrated.gif

I'd fight that one. What's it hurt to pick up the phone and make a few calls? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Yeah I tried that, it was my car payment that was late. They would not take the fee off. Although they said I could pay it at my leisure. How nice of them! yeahok.gif