• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling on the CGC forum vs. elsewhere...

4 posts in this topic

I have a number of comics that I need to sell, a few golden age and silver age complete, but a few of the golden age are incomplete. I would like to make sure that it reaches the right audience, but unsure how selling marriage material on eBay goes. Any ideas / thoughts around the best place to market such items? 

On 9/10/2021 at 11:16 PM, Readcomix said:

There’s definitely people looking for parts and pieces around here. There’s even an “I wanna get married” thread dedicated to who needs what. 

I did see that thread and posted some items there. I guess I wonder if the audience that CGC garners is the same or part of the audience that something like eBay garners. I'd much rather sell someplace like this, given the fees and other issues associated with eBay, but if it takes having the wider audience to pull in the right price, it might be worth it? 

On 9/11/2021 at 8:46 PM, blindbug said:

I did see that thread and posted some items there. I guess I wonder if the audience that CGC garners is the same or part of the audience that something like eBay garners. I'd much rather sell someplace like this, given the fees and other issues associated with eBay, but if it takes having the wider audience to pull in the right price, it might be worth it? 

Most of us are or have been eBay browsers, I’m sure. There are likely more total eyeballs there, but the board is a very serious, dedicated, knowledgeable community of collectors (many well-known dealers are participants too, as much or more so as active members in the comments sections and as buyers than they are as sellers). It’s a great place to buy and sell among the like-minded, resulting in minimal hassle. If you grade/describe fairly and accurately and pack well you’re likely to see very few returns. It’s also a self-policing community through its Probation list and Hall of Shame. That’s my take; a great place for collector to collector transactions.