• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Subscription creases
3 3

31 posts in this topic

On 9/13/2021 at 5:08 AM, grendelbo said:

I like mid-grade issues with flaws that speak to their history, especially those from handling and attention. A subscription crease is like that.

Good man! Comics are individual in character even when mass produced. Let's not erase all their history. 

On 9/14/2021 at 11:47 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

You think that's too high even if it's the only noticeable defect?

I don't think the words "Very Fine" should appear within the description of a book with a full length color breaking crease in the middle of the front cover...  :whistle:

On 9/14/2021 at 12:36 PM, The Lions Den said:

I don't think the words "Very Fine" should appear within the description of a book with a full length color breaking crease in the middle of the front cover...  :whistle:

Based on CGC's vague definition of a 7.0: "An above-average collectible with a major defect or an accumulation of small defects."

If a book would otherwise be in the 9.8 range, I can't outright say that a 7.0 would be wrong. I'm not as experienced as you are, though.