• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED Auction — Peanuts #1 UFS 1953 Coverless, incomplete
5 5

49 posts in this topic

I thought this one would be a fun opportunity for someone to own (most of) a tough and sought-after book, or for someone to complete their incomplete copy.

On the auction block is a coverless, incomplete copy of Peanuts #1 (United Features Syndicate, 1953) the first book to feature Peanuts. What’s missing is the cover and the first two wraps (confirmed against my personal copy), and the centerfold is detached.

Rules (Please, please read)

:rulez:

Opening bid is $1; bids increase in $1 increments. BIN is $800 (I have purposely set a high BIN so that we can have a fun auction. For reference, a cgc 1.0 sold in 2018 on Heritage for $780, and a raw copy with bug chew, chips and splits sold in July on eBay for $832.) Lowest price available currently on eBay is a cgc .5 asking $1895 with 12 watchers.

I will post that auction is open once all pix are up. Auction closes at 11 pm EST this coming Saturday night, Sept. 18. (A 10:59 pm bid can win, an 11 pm bid is late.)

Payment is Check or Money Order (yeah, yeah I know I'm a dinosaur, troglodyte, luddite, mennonite, hermaphrodite etc. - I just don't have or want e-payments.)

Shipping: USPS Priority shipping is $8.

Don't be listy (tsk) including the little one in my head.

Returns: Sure, just notify me within three days of receipt and get it back to me in the same shape on your dime.

(Kudos thread linked under my avatar.)

Edited by Readcomix

OK, I'm back with the update...we got us a barroom brawl with six bidders flinging empty beer mugs and whiskey bottles and swinging from chandeliers, tossing chairs and shootin' six-guns! Welcome to the mayhem Mikej61, Point Five and, our current high biddr at $36, Miamiknight3434! Thank you all; carry on carousing and having fun! We have a few days to go so this clubhouse is open!