• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CCS Pressing to CGC Grading Question

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I have a few questions I hope somebody can answer regarding CCS pressing service , which I've never used.

My situation: I have 20 copies of the same book I would like to submit to CGC. I'm thinking about getting them pressed by CCS first.

For example if I use the CCS tier that cost 70.00 dollars per book does that include pressing and grading? I doubt it but I figure I'd ask. If not then how do you go about having them pressed by CCS then shipped directly to CGC for grading? Is that possible? Or do they send them back to me after pressing then I need to then send them to CGC for grading? I just always thought that if you get them pressed by CCS that they are automatically submitted to CGC afterwards. 

I went through most of the checkout process and didn't see anything about this. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Edited by Professor K

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message. Pressing and grading are separate services and each have their own fees and turnaround times.  When you fill out your online submission form, you just need to select both the pressing and grading services for those books that you want both pressed and graded.  The books will go to CCS for pressing first and then transfer over to CGC for grading automatically after.  

You can find the pressing fees and times here: CGC Services & Fees | CGC (cgccomics.com)

And the grading fees and times here: CGC Services & Fees | CGC (cgccomics.com)

Thank you!

They are not advertising it explicitly, as I'm sure they hope nobody does it, but I believe a person COULD just submit to CCS for pressing/cleaning/restoration, then have the book sent back to the owner without grading.  Naturally CGC would hope you get (and pay for) both services, but of of course many people prefer their books raw too.  Nothing wrong with that.