• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Strange Tales #133
4 4

8 posts in this topic

Strange Tales #133. Off-white to cream pages. Looking to see where this sits. Also, if anyone could tell me how much of a hit the creasing and color break along the top is? I see it quite a bit and don't know how to categorize it grade-wise. Is it creasing, Marvel chipping, both sometimes? 

Thanks again - C

CGC test frt 133 ST.jpg

CGC test bck 133 ST.jpg

On 9/19/2021 at 9:44 AM, Crose87420 said:

Also, if anyone could tell me how much of a hit the creasing and color break along the top is? I see it quite a bit and don't know how to categorize it grade-wise. Is it creasing, Marvel chipping, both sometimes?

Classic moderate-to-heavy over-cover wear.  On books from this period, the top edge of the cover extends a bit beyond the top edge of the interior.  Because the top edge of the cover is essentially unsupported, it's prone to bends, creasing, short transverse tears, accelerated aging of the paper, and chipping/fraying.  In my opinion, the over-cover wear on your copy is extensive/significant enough to warrant a downgrade to FN, even if no other blemishes or defects were present.  :foryou: