• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Resubmission Question
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Dear CGC,

I recently got back a book which, I realized in retrospect, I should have had pressed before being graded. My question is if I want to resubmit for a press and a regrade do I have to take the book out of its case or will CGC do that for me?

Thanks much!

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  If it is a Universal blue label, you could potentially take it out if you wanted, but it is not required.  However, if it is a Signature Series yellow label then it must be submitted still sealed within the holder to retain the Signature Series label.  

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

It's totally up to you of course, but I never let CGC do what I can do myself. There's a few advantages to this...

- you'll know for a fact, whether the book suffered any damage when it was removed from the slab.

- shipping is cheaper.

- don't quote me on this, but CGC may charge you if you have them remove it (ask @Jennifer F. to be sure, but it seems like CGC doesn't miss any opportunity to make a buck)