• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weird Suspenstories #2 Very rare , ONLY 3 known exist! 48 hr sale

14 posts in this topic

On 9/26/2021 at 10:22 AM, TacosTacosTacosTacos said:

:gossip: Canadian

And your point is? Still an EC and rare as heck. Probably even more rare than Tales of Terror Annual #1. I have collected ECs for well over 40 years and never owned one of these. I personally know of only 4 other copies (not including this one). A wonderful rarity but one that is just out of my current pocketbook range now.

Good luck with the sale!

On 9/25/2021 at 10:36 PM, Randall Dowling said:

For those not in the know, this is arguably the rarest of the rare in EC comics.  Very cool book!  :headbang:

I’m very inexperienced with precode horror. Why is this book in particular so rare? 

thanks 😅

On 9/26/2021 at 11:46 AM, Randall Dowling said:

This book was only printed in Canada.  There was no US version of Weird Suspenstories.  

There was no U.S. version of the specific title, because Canadian law apparently didn't allow the use of the term "crime" in comic book titles.

AFA the cover image and contents, however, it was a reprint of Crime Suspenstories 2.  If you scroll down about 15 posts in page 240 of the Golden Age EC Fan Addict thread, you can see my copy of the original.

On 9/26/2021 at 11:16 AM, TacosTacosTacosTacos said:

Relax, it was a joke... mostly :devil: those Canadians were printed on toilet paper. I've only collected ECs for 30 years so you've got me there :wink: Later I'll post something EC related in your "signed in person" thread to make up for this lol

:foryou:   (thumbsu