• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pressing Questions - Picture Examples!

2 posts in this topic

As I am learning the services CGC and other companies have to offer to make comics appear better WITHOUT restoring them, i still cannot find on this site or other sites if pressing can remove/eliminate the examples I have below.  Im looking for some guidance on what "pressing" can and cannot remove on comics and i would love some feedback.  My next topic will be cleaning...lol. 

1. This one appears to be a minor wrinkle on the corner spine. The cover is in good shape so its not all the way through, but would a press eliminate this? 

image.png.0e8e5bfccb84a2e490ca814478f8325a.png

2. This one is a bit tougher for me, but would a press remove/eliminate minor folds like these?  I blew up these pictures alot so its visible, but the one on the right is far more noticeable in person.  

image.png.caa0022c8a8c03a510df52be3faaabca.png image.thumb.png.5d0334792dbddda1839d62f4d6c0bac0.png

image.png.e8c6a651f2fc7eae80bbfb40c717fad6.png

3. I threw this out there before and will use this picture again. There is a small "bend" circled and again, i would imagine a press would eliminate this? image.png.5b6225dbfae8b0c34f0b58beda548ecf.png

4. The top of this book has a wrinkle/fold and would a press remove it? 

image.png.9a9142bf7eae86b9d9a6e3d39dca9750.png

Thank you for help!   

PS: My next topic will be cleaning...lol. 

Edited by Philiboy
added pic.