• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYCC and Signature Series

3 posts in this topic

The NYCC website shows a CGC Facilitator at the con and was wondering if they provide witnesses for getting a book signed and graded for sig series.  I know that CGC will not be there and was wondering how to get my books signed in Artist Alley witnessed.

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  Yes, Facilitators are CGC authorized dealers that have been approved to provide CGC authorized witnesses for signings. A facilitator can use an approved witness at both conventions that CGC attends or does not attend. Facilitators also sometimes host or attend signings at stores, or private event signings.

Many of our facilitators are listed on our website https://www.cgccomics.com/signature-series/facilitators/ or they post in our CGC chat boards about conventions they are attending or special signing opportunities they have set up with artists/writers/actors. You can also check our Signature Room chat board to find out which facilitators might be attending the show.  You can access that here: The Signature Room - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

Thank you!

On 9/25/2021 at 11:48 AM, Stadnew said:

The NYCC website shows a CGC Facilitator at the con and was wondering if they provide witnesses for getting a book signed and graded for sig series.  I know that CGC will not be there and was wondering how to get my books signed in Artist Alley witnessed.

It should be noted that not every CGC Facilitator has a booth (or an obvious booth) set up at a given convention they attend.  And while I'm sure they want your business, there's probably some occasions where their dance cards get pretty full, so do your best to make arrangements ahead of time.  And every Facilitator is a little bit different, and there might be differences in every event.  Additionally, they might have insider info about which creators sign when, for how much, or not at all.  And various facilitators or witnesses may have different fees for services. So try HARD to get as many details ahead of time as possible to eliminate surprises and make things go smoother for everyone.