• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotta love Mike Hoffman

26 posts in this topic

No, this isn't a commentary about his site. But on his auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mike-Hoffman-160-UNP...1QQcmdZViewItem

For the Hoffman fans this is great! ! Considering the size of the lot, I bet the per page price is less than $20 when finished.

Mike

p.s. for the record, I have won one Mike Hoffman auction(so far) and it was smooth 893applaud-thumb.gif

This cover is out of control: THIS ONE, HERE

A typical cover peaks around $350-400ish. But this one has surpassed that easily, I think because alot of people have thrown in thier bids early. I'm thinking it will go for a little under 600. What has me the most perplexed is that this is a commission, not even a published cover.

and, Yes, I am a fan of Hoffmans art,

Mike

Does not seem like a lot of money for an oil painting by an artist of some repute.

I agree. When a pen/ink cover from a current title goes for $900-1000, a painting from a man that has mastered his craft is a bargain. I was just comenting on how quickly it had risen to the price it did. It ended at $500 which is still a good deal. I'm hapy I got the piece I did.

Octavia Trilogy cover

i2tw0p.jpg

Rob

You are right, he could take a pot-shot at Frank but I think he would alienate the bulk of his fanbase in doing so.

True, but he's already alienated so many people as it stands I can't see why he'd set any boundaries at all.

I don't see why he wouldn't take a shot at Frazetta. He's never shied away from speaking about anyone else.

sign-rantpost.gif

Read a little between the lines...he is certainly taking shots at Frazetta, in the way he attacks someone close to Frank, in the way he attacks the praise that Dave give Frank, and in pretty much every way.

If you rip on someone for the praise that they heap on someone...you must not agree with that praise...thus he is ripping on Frazetta...which is really shocking since he has copied his style lock stock and headlights... stooges.gif

Chris

PS...he has taken shots at Mark Schultz, Frazetta, Pratt and about 10 other artists that, if artists were playing the game battleship, would blow his dingy out of the water. Like the saying goes "If you can't beat 'em, berate 'em." Christo_pull_hair.gif

4 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

Never have cared for Hoffman's art. Nothing special about it, seems like a poor man's Frazetta. Plus he is a real personally.

But you would think that there's room for a poor man's Frazetta. Where else can you go to get a commission or something new. Very niche genre.