• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any upcoming Romita Sr signings??
1 1

11 posts in this topic

On 9/30/2021 at 12:56 PM, OuterBanks said:

He did some thru some official CGC approved signature services about a year ago.  From some folks I chatted with who attended, he plans on doing it again next year.

I hope he does - would love to get his sig on a few slabs.

I could submit mine for a yellow green label if they treat my unwitnessed Stan and Gil sigs as such....mmmmmm green and yellow!

On 9/30/2021 at 1:01 PM, comicginger1789 said:

I could submit mine for a yellow green label if they treat my unwitnessed Stan and Gil sigs as such....mmmmmm green and yellow!

Does CGC have an option to not give it the green label?  I just saw an ASM1 with Stan Lee's sig on an internal page and it got the blue label with a callout saying there was writing on the internal page.

On 9/30/2021 at 1:48 PM, OuterBanks said:
On 9/30/2021 at 12:01 PM, comicginger1789 said:

could submit mine for a yellow green label if they treat my unwitnessed Stan and Gil sigs as such....mmmmmm green and yellow!

Does CGC have an option to not give it the green label?  I just saw an ASM1 with Stan Lee's sig on an internal page and it got the blue label with a callout saying there was writing on the internal page.

If the signature is on the internal page it can get blue label no problem.

I think it may even be called.out on the label regularly and it definitely doesn't affect grade.

If it's on the cover, then you can still request a blue label, but the sigs WILL affect the grade .

Green labels are for cover sigs that they don't take the signature into effect when grading. But you still have to request a blue label with cover sigs, otherwise they just come back green 💚

On 9/30/2021 at 2:59 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I think it may even be called.out on the label regularly and it definitely doesn't affect grade.

If it's on the cover, then you can still request a blue label, but the sigs WILL affect the grade .

Green labels are for cover sigs that they don't take the signature into effect when grading. But you still have to request a blue label with cover sigs, otherwise they just come back green 💚

Ahhhh - got it.  And there is always CBCS's verified signature as an option.  

On 9/30/2021 at 2:59 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

If in ballpoint pen and not marker, cover signatures can also get a blue label with the signature name in quotes. 

My ASM 1 says, "Stan Lee" written in ink on cover. 

On 9/30/2021 at 1:59 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

But you still have to request a blue label with cover sigs, otherwise they just come back green 💚

Sometimes CGC just puts them in a Blue Label. I didn't request this one in a Blue, but they did.  Although they didn't note the error with the foil either. Instead the detracted for the error and Signature from grade.

1823397228_2021-08-15-0004(2).thumb.jpg.ebd62eb833b28e7cf0bc60b80b9ed3d6.jpgThis one was graded the same time and it received the green , but it only says "names written on cover. 648829054_2021-08-15-0006(2).thumb.jpg.dd773dfdb554f33189150d58ffe7182c.jpg

On 10/5/2021 at 6:36 AM, Buzzetta said:

If in ballpoint pen and not marker, cover signatures can also get a blue label with the signature name in quotes. 

My ASM 1 says, "Stan Lee" written in ink on cover. 

Also from what I understand they will note who's name is written if it is a recognizable and legible Signature with "x" written on cover as show above . They can be inconsistent with these. 

The only two I have received back from CGC grading with signatures on the front that are listed by name are John Romita (sr) and Stan Lee. Others such as Sergio Arragones, Herb Trimpe and Ron Lim have been listed as "name written on front cover."