• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cerebus 1 counterfeit, Nexus 1, Giant THB FS - CLOSED

6 posts in this topic

Cerebus 1 counterfeit, a bunch of non-color breaking stuff brings it to about a VF, though this book would definitely benefit greatly with a press, should one be so inclined. 

There have been 2 sales this year, a CGC 9.2 for $900 last March, and a raw Fine on eBay from July that IIRC sold for $750 (I am unaware of how to definitively find best offer prices, so am just going by memory.)

Take this copy for $800. 

cerebus 1.jpg

cerebus 1b.jpg

Edited by SuperBird

Nexus 1, VF. Similarly to the Cerebus above, there are obviously press-able flaws that could bring the book up in grade. In this case it's NBC bend in the lower corner that goes through the book. (the rubbing by the BC spine would still hold it down to a VFNM)

This might be the last cool '80s BW book* to not explode in value; copies have been hoovered up off of eBay lately. The last copy for sale on the 'Bay is a raw VF- for $125. 

Take this copy for $100, and I'll throw in a free copy of #2 in fine condition. :)

*side note, if you have not read the series, it's one of the best I've read over the last few decades.

nexus1.jpg

nexus1b.jpg

Edited by SuperBird

Giant THB 1.V.2. by Pail Pope. Technically an FVF, but solely due to a crease in the upper right FC. Otherwise a solid copy of an extremely tough book. (yeah, yeah, I know it's Cooper age, so sue me. :)

There are 2 copies on eBay: a stated VFNM for $150, and a stated VG for $94 (which looks much better)

Take this copy for $50. 

THB giant.jpg

THB giant b.jpg

Edited by SuperBird