• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is Best in Life? Bronze Age Conans, That’s What. - Round 2! New listings Page 2!
2 2

68 posts in this topic

Thank you for visiting Round 2 of my first sale.  This is a “shake-down cruise” to learn what I can about trying to sell books here on the Boards.  With this in mind, I have a series of about 40 Bronze-Age monthly Conan The Barbarian books available, along with two (2) Giant-Size books.  These were purchased as part of a larger collection, and this is not a title I personally collect.  All are complete and all folds are tight to the staples.  Round 1 books sold out - new listings begin on Page 2.

I’m not a grader, but have tried to fairly evaluate these books.  I don’t want to sell anyone a pig in a poke.  These books are largely free of major defects (detached folds, large tears, missing panels or coupons, etc) except where noted.  I am happy to send any additional pictures to help you determine a book’s suitability to your collecting needs.  The phrase “no interior problems” refers to tears, folds, detached staples and the like.  Books are sold “as is.”  For typical page quality on these books, please see the next post.

Preferred Payment is by check or money order, but I can also accept Venmo.  Payment will need to clear before shipping, which is by USPS and is at buyer’s cost.  If you have a better or preferred method of shipping, please let me know via PM.  If you’re local to PDX or plan to visit here, I’m happy to deliver.   No HOS members or Probies are wanted in this sale.

Since I want you to actually get something you want and that fits your collection, I will take returns for a refund of purchase price only within 7 days of receipt.  Buyer pays for return shipping.

First “I’ll Take It!” in the thread wins and trumps any PM negotiations – Although I don’t need to sell these books, I am open to offers, especially on multiple books.  Happy hunting!

Edited by MattTheDuck
Restart

Conan the Barbarian #36 - SOLD! - Book is complete and tight.  Very slight spine roll, spine wear/ticks that break color.  Subscription (?) or other crease.  Some color loss along top of FC.  Top BC overspray, dirt or perhaps foxing.  No interior problems – MVS intact.

CTB - 36.jpg

CTB - 36 - BC.jpg

Edited by MattTheDuck

Conan The Barbarian #37 - SOLD! - Book is complete and tight.  Spine wear/ticks.  Top edge FC wear/slight color loss.  Non-CB small crease bottom right FC. Slight BC overspray.  Very small chunks out of top and bottom of spine.  No interior problems – MVS intact.

CTB - 37.jpg

CTB - 37 - BC.jpg

Edited by MattTheDuck

Conan The Barbarian #39 - SOLD! - Book is complete and tight.  FC creasing, general spine wear.  Some corner blunting, wear.  Several spots of splooge on FC – not sure I want to know what it is, but may be cleanable.  No interior problems – MVS intact.

CTB - 39.jpg

CTB - 39 - BC.jpg

Edited by MattTheDuck

Conan The Barbarian #41 - SOLD! - Book is complete and tight.  A less-suspicious splooge at top of FC betwixt “E” and “C” in banner.  Very slight spine roll.  Small FC creases, including vertically on right side above hanging skeleton.  Dirt (I hope) on BC top, along with very small non-CB creasing and a tiny chunk tear bottom left BC.  No interior problems – MVS intact.

CTB - 41.jpg

CTB - 41 - BC.jpg

Edited by MattTheDuck

Conan The Barbarian #42 (Copy A) - SOLD! - Book is tight and complete.  Top of FC badly cut – note CCA.  Spine ticks, small creases top and bottom corners FC.  Couple of color rubs along spine mostly by staples.  Tiny chunk out of bottom center FC by building corner and another on mid-right FC edge by where buildings end.  Small impact crease bottom right BC, foxing or dirt BC.  No interior problems – MVS intact.

CTB - 42 -1.jpg

CTB - 42 - 1 BC.jpg

Edited by MattTheDuck

Conan The Barbarian #42 (Copy B) - SOLD! - Book is complete and tight.  Spine ticks and wear, including slight spine roll and crease just inside spine FC.  Some creasing FC top right corner, small piece missing there.  Small tear at bottom of bottom staple.  Very small tear mid-right FC where buildings end, some cover wear in that area.  Dirt/foxing BC but no tears or creases.  No interior problems – MVS intact.

CTB - 42 - 2.jpg

CTB - 42 - 2 BC.jpg

Edited by MattTheDuck

Conan The Barbarian #43 - SOLD!- Feat. Red Sonja! – Book is complete and tight.  Slight spine roll, ticks, wear.  Upper right corner FC creases. Bottom right corner FC blunting.  BC dirt.  No interior problems – MVS intact.

CTB - 43.jpg

CTB - 43 - BC.jpg

Edited by MattTheDuck

Conan The Barbarian #48 - SOLD! – Red Sonja solo story, back half of book.  Great bondage panels.  Small tears upper right corner and lower right FC.  NCB folds pages 9-13 bottom right with ink blot.

CTB - 48.jpg

CTB - 48 - BC.jpg

Edited by MattTheDuck

Conan The Barbarian #49 - SOLD! - Book is complete and tight.  Slight wear at staple holes.  Corner blunting, small creasing top right corner FC.  Two vertical creases by “Comics” top of FC.  Short non-CB crease and a color rub between Conan’s face and the top wolf.  Some BC dirt.  Something going on top right corner of BC, but it’s not a tear.  No interior problems – MVS intact.

CTB - 49.jpg

CTB - 49 - BC.jpg

Edited by MattTheDuck

Conan The Barbarian #56 - SOLD! – Book is complete and tight.  Poor cut on cover.  Small CB crease top right corner and bottom right corner FC.  Wear pattern running parallel to spine.  No interior problems.

CTB - 56.jpg

CTB - 56 - BC.jpg

Edited by MattTheDuck