• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

<CLOSED> Wide ranging collection starting with a couple Foxes (The Bouncer nn), couple Comic Cavalcades, Horror mags <CLOSED>
7 7

158 posts in this topic

Katy Keene #15 (1954). Spine completely split and detached, only 20 pages present (the equivalent of five wraps, but I am not certain I have five complete wraps or not), a couple of those wraps also split and detached. 

FREE to next purchaser that claims it.

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Doom Patrol #99 (1965), 1st Beast Boy. This one also has a sticker on the bag (no shop/company noted) that says 1.8. I am also good with this. Plenty of surface wear, small corner piece missing, spine roll but well attached staples, CF detached, edge wear. It's a surprisingly solid copy except for the detached CF. 

$70  **SOLD to @Eddy707**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

On 10/5/2021 at 9:10 PM, elibowman said:

Doom Patrol #99 (1965), 1st Beast Boy. This one also has a sticker on the bag (no shop/company noted) that says 1.8. I am also good with this. Plenty of surface wear, small corner piece missing, spine roll but well attached staples, CF detached, edge wear. It's a surprisingly solid copy except for the detached CF. 

$70

image.jpg

image.jpg

I’ll take it. 

On 10/5/2021 at 12:37 PM, elibowman said:

Blue Beetle #33 (1944, Fox Features), CGC 7.5 CrOW. Case is in great shape. No sales in over 2 years in this grade. Only 9 blue labels on the census, and only 4 higher than this one. 

$400

image.jpg

image.jpg

Gosh Dang it! It is too cool to pass up.  Fight'n Nazi's and Saving New York from an underwater legion that wants to destroy NYC's largest building with a missile? AND the cover matches that STORY!....c'MON! :takeit: 

On 10/6/2021 at 11:05 AM, bounty_coder said:

Gosh Dang it! It is too cool to pass up.  Fight'n Nazi's and Saving New York from an underwater legion that wants to destroy NYC's largest building with a missile? AND the cover matches that STORY!....c'MON! :takeit: 

^^ and just proves @bounty_coderhas impeccable taste.

Major failure on my part trying to get any more books listed this weekend. But, I will get through a bunch today (hopefully), and maybe get a group shot or two of anything else I have planned for this thread. So, today I will be starting with magazines and a couple oversize books.

Psycho Comics #2 (1982), early Dan Clowes work. High grade copy with a couple light spine stress marks, and small corner ding to bottom front right. Insert is still attached. I think it's solidly an 8.5, and probably a 9.0.

$45  **SOLD**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Psycho Comics #1 (1981), early Dan Clowes work. High grade copy again, but not quite as nice as the #2. A couple more stress lines, back cover could use a dry cleaning. Still pretty sharp. I think it's at least an 8.0.

$45  **SOLD**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Creepy #68 (1975). Wrightson and Severin inside, and a Santa cover that all little ones should avoid. Solid copy with a good spine, some edge wear, and the number 75 written and circled on the cover in ink. 6.5/7.0 kind of book.

$10

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman