• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

<CLOSED> Wide ranging collection starting with a couple Foxes (The Bouncer nn), couple Comic Cavalcades, Horror mags <CLOSED>
7 7

158 posts in this topic

I bought a large collection that ranged all over the place. I have a variety of books I will be listing from GA to SA to BA, graded to raw, low grade to high grade, low priced to high priced. I even have a stack of magazines to throw in. This will probably take me a little time to get through it all. I will most likely just post front and back pics to keep moving, but I am happy to provide additional pics upon request.

RULES:

PayPal is easiest, but I'll take a check or MO if that's what you want.

US shipping is via USPS Priority (I can do 1st class for just a couple cheaper books if needed). I like the flat rate legal sized envelope, so that's $8.25. If we have to move to a box, I will work with you to find the most cost effective solution, but I like the ease of that Medium Flat Rate box from the USPS at $15.50. Insurance is they buyer's choice, and will cost whatever the USPS rate is.  If you want something else, happy to work with you. Slabs ship at $15.50 unless we can't use the Medium Flat Rate. I will ship outside the US. I'm not trying to make any money on shipping, so I am happy to work with you, but 100% of the cost will be on you.

I'll accept returns, but shipping is on the buyer unless I made an error in the listing.

First “I’ll take it” in the thread wins, and those would trump any ongoing PM negotiations.

No buyers from the bad lists.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Edited by elibowman

Comic Cavalcade #19, 1947, Santa cover. Big squarebound with 72 pages + the cover. There is some spine roll, a 3/4 inch tear at top spine, some damage with paper missing at bottom spine, a little bit of edge wear. The interior is really nice overall. I found a couple small stains in the margins, and the interior of the covers look more aged than the pages (see spoilers). Lots of eye appeal here, but technical grade is probably about 4.0. The body of the cover is WAY nicer than that...great blues. Only 11 blue labels on the census.

$450  NOW $415  NOW $395  **NOW $345**

image.jpg

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Comic Cavalcade #25, 1948, another Santa cover. This one is better. Minimal wear to the covers, a bit at the top and bottom of the squarebound spine, and a few small chips (one front bottom right, and the rest on the back). The biggest issue to me is tanning to the interior covers. The pages are still supple, and not impacted as much. See spoilers for the interior cover pics. I think it's a 5.0. Only 10 blue labels on the census. 

REVISION. There is a tear at Flash's arm that I did not catch :boo: It's about 3/4". My apologies. Dropping to 4.5. Thanks to @Ghastly542454 for graciously pointing it out. 

$900  NOW $800  NOW $750  **NOW $685**

image.jpg

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Suspense Comics #3, replica. good looking book here. Nice cover gloss and detail. It's squarebound. The back cover is not as good a copy as the front. Put this on your wall at shows to draw some extra attention. 

$75  **SOLD via PM**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

I will get my other reprint out of the way now. Spy Smasher #1, reprint from the 70s. Indicia says the publication is named "Flashback". This one is pretty high grade with a bit of color transfer/rubbing to the front (at least I think that is actual transfer and wasn't made to look like that). Pencil on the back cover.

$10

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Strange Adventures #3 (1950). I knew this was in the collection, and I was desperately hoping it was going to be an upgrade for my 3.5 copy, but sadly it was not. This one has a completely detached cover. Some tearing to the cover near the staples. But, the cover is in pretty decent shape besides that (no splitting), and the interior is complete and attached. Competes with 6 and 23 for the best cover in the early run, IMO (until you get to #50 :cloud9:). I think this is a 2.0 copy.

$45  **SOLD to @DocHoppus182**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Joe Palooka Comics #2 (1946), Harvey Comics. Big tear across the cover about 4" horizontally in the middle. Also a corresponding tear on the first page that goes all the way across. Complete and attached (though CF is detached at the top staple). Nice lifeguard cover. 1.5 because of the tears, maybe...looks nicer.

$18  **NOW $15**

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

The Bouncer nn (considered to be #10? 1944) Fox Features. I'll be honest with you, I have no clue what's going on with this cover. "You're Favorite Pin-up"??? He's wearing a dress??? Interesting. A couple small stains front cover in and near the box, CF detached from the single staple, some spine roll and this caused the top edge of the back cover to be a bit high which caused some extra wear over the years. 3.0 - 3.5 range to me. Still, it's complete, and less than common? I can't find one on eBay, six on the census, no GPA sales since 2018. I guess I will throw a dart...

$350

So, I threw out a big number and no takers  I really was throwing a dart, albeit a high one. Let’s try $280 instead  NOW $250  **NOW $210**  

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Tony Trent #3 (1948). Only two on the census, though looks to be more common than that would indicate. Low grade copy here. Lower spine split of 1.5-2", completely detached cover, some wear to the edges of the last page. 1.8ish. Cool looking character called "The Face". 

$18 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

G.I. Combat #19 (1954). Gorgeous copy, that has great color and gloss, and beautiful pages. This is interesting because the interiori covers are showing tanning. The cover is attached, but it's not as tight as it should be. Interior is complete and attached. If the staples were tight, I think it would flirt with 6.0 or better (held back by the tanning). It just doesn't feel tight enough to give it more than 5.0, but it's pretty. Only five on the census. 

$85  NOW $70   NOW $60  **NOW $50**

image.jpg

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

I need to pause here. Still trying to decide what other GA books I might list. I have a real problem wanting to keep them all. But, I need to recoup some cash from recent purchases, so I will keep digging and listing. Shoot me an offer if you think I am off base on prices. Thanks for looking.

On 10/5/2021 at 4:43 PM, elibowman said:

Strange Adventures #3 (1950). I knew this was in the collection, and I was desperately hoping it was going to be an upgrade for my 3.5 copy, but sadly it was not. This one has a completely detached cover. Some tearing to the cover near the staples. But, the cover is in pretty decent shape besides that (no splitting), and the interior is complete and attached. Competes with 6 and 23 for the best cover in the early run, IMO (until you get to #50 :cloud9:). I think this is a 2.0 copy.

$45

image.jpg

image.jpg

:takeit:

On 10/5/2021 at 3:29 PM, elibowman said:

Suspense Comics #3, replica. good looking book here. Nice cover gloss and detail. It's squarebound. The back cover is not as good a copy as the front. Put this on your wall at shows to draw some extra attention. 

$75

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpg

This beauty is sold via PM

Green Lantern #36, 1949, Alex Toth cover and some of the interior art as well. This was from a previous buy, and I ran it on a previous thread. I really can't make up my mind on this one. I want to keep it, but it is an oddball in my collection. Last issue in this run is #38, so this is third from the last, and tough to find. Solidly attached and complete copy. Some spine wear including a chip in the center, blunted corners all the way around, edge wear to the back. Great blue on this cover. I think it's a 4.5. Only 18 blue labels on the census. 

$490  Now $465  **NOW $435**

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Police Comics #97, 1949. Another rerun from the aforementioned previous thread. This one has some spine wear including a couple very small staple tears, an "M" written in pencil on cover, and a couple longer corner creases bottom right front, a bit of stacking roll, chip right edge. I think it's a 3.5 copy. Zero copies on the census.

$49  NOW $40  **NOW $35**

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman