• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

<CLOSED> Wide ranging collection starting with a couple Foxes (The Bouncer nn), couple Comic Cavalcades, Horror mags <CLOSED>
7 7

158 posts in this topic

Creepy #63 (1974). Wrightson inside in (I think) all the stories. Small spine split at the top, one in between the staples, and one at the bottom that gets up to the bottom staple. Both staples still attached to the cover. Without the splits, would be about 5.0. With them, has to be around 2.0, but looks a lot better.

$8

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Creepy #59 (1974). Another Santa cover that you should keep away from your 5 year old. This one is by Sanjulian. This is a solid copy with a nice spine, a couple faint creases (one at the bottom right corner and one that goes the entire length of the book vertically). 1.00 written in pen on this one. I think it's a 5.5, maybe 6.0.

$13

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Eerie #6 (1966). 4.0 range book. Solid, but wear all the way around. Nothing major, but I will note that the spine may be weakening. Severin, Crandall and Ditko inside. All four of these early run Eeries I am about to post have similar date stamp placement. Not sure the backstory on that...just interesting.

$15

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Eerie #3 (1966). Love this Frazetta cover. Interior artist's gallery is ridiculous...Frazetta/Colan/Toth/Craig/Ditko/Jack Davis just to name some of them. Big corner crease bottom right, piece missing at bottom spine, foxing back cover. Still looks nice overall, with minimal wear to the body of the cover. 4.0 range, maybe 3.5.

$15

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Eerie #2 (1966). Another Frazetta cover, Jack Davis/Crandall/Craig/Severin/Colan/Toth inside. A little lower grade with some chips around the edges both front and back, foxing, the beginnings of some spine splitting. I think it's about 3.0.

$25

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

On 10/6/2021 at 2:44 AM, elibowman said:

Green Lantern #36, 1949, Alex Toth cover and some of the interior art as well. This was from a previous buy, and I ran it on a previous thread. I really can't make up my mind on this one. I want to keep it, but it is an oddball in my collection. Last issue in this run is #38, so this is third from the last, and tough to find. Solidly attached and complete copy. Some spine wear including a chip in the center, blunted corners all the way around, edge wear to the back. Great blue on this cover. I think it's a 4.5. Only 18 blue labels on the census. 

$490  **NOW $465**

image.jpg

image.jpg

Gosh I’m not much of a DC fan but that sure is a pretty cover!

Nightmare #17 (1974). Great looking book with a striking Boada painted cover. Small bend to bottom edge that doesn't break color, a couple faint stresses...really sharp overall. I think it's an 8.5.

$55  **SOLD to @JRBaxter**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Nightmare #18 (1974). Another great cover. Spine wear, and staple are loosening a bit from the cover, but still pretty decently attached. Corner crease, fingerprint on back cover, and a small tear at top back edge. I think this is in the 5.0 range.

$25  **SOLD to @ChasingKingKirby**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman