• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s AGATHA: COVEN OF CHAOS series (2024)
2 2

41 posts in this topic

A “WandaVision” spinoff starring Kathryn Hahn is in development at Disney Plus from Marvel Studios, Variety has learned exclusively from sources.

Hahn would reprise the role of Agatha Harkness in the series, which is described by sources as a dark comedy, though exact plot details remain under wraps. “WandaVision” head writer Jac Schaeffer would serve as the writer and executive producer on the project. Should the spinoff go forward, it would be the first project Schaeffer has set up with Marvel since she signed an overall deal with them and 20th Television in May.

As with all projects in development, Marvel Studios is staying mum on this one. Reps for Schaeffer and Hahn did not immediately respond to Variety‘s request for comment.

Edited by Bosco685

Could be interesting. I'll watch it but wondering if they are oversaturating the MCU with not major characters getting their own series. Maybe more of a What if? type with standalones for a different character each week that can have an overall arch. 

On 10/7/2021 at 3:13 PM, rexinnih said:

Could be interesting. I'll watch it but wondering if they are oversaturating the MCU with not major characters getting their own series. Maybe more of a What if? type with standalones for a different character each week that can have an overall arch. 

Seemed that was kind of true with Ironman back in the day. He wasn’t much of a major character until his first movie. He was an Avenger but not exactly hotly collected until the movies made him hot. Same with Thor.  I bleed Marvel universe, but you have to agree that the MCU has a way of pushing less popular characters into the limelight.  Done right, by a good actor, second tiered characters can move up. Not saying this will happen with Agatha, but who knows?

On 10/7/2021 at 5:03 PM, Westy Steve said:

Seemed that was kind of true with Ironman back in the day. He wasn’t much of a major character until his first movie. He was an Avenger but not exactly hotly collected until the movies made him hot. Same with Thor.  I bleed Marvel universe, but you have to agree that the MCU has a way of pushing less popular characters into the limelight.  Done right, by a good actor, second tiered characters can move up. Not saying this will happen with Agatha, but who knows?

I can't believe the revisionism that occurs at times with Marvel Comics history.

Iron Man was not only one of the 1966 animated TV shows but also extensively used throughout marketing and merchandising. Even in the 1970s and 1980s he was so popular Iron Man was the early wave of action figures.

059_8aee7bf4-9ea4-4632-b13e-9a776c313af6_large.jpeg.c992f9e2cbd5a63febb954c86ee912c0.jpeg

download.jpeg.908743f7bbcaca87f51dfe46813fba2c.jpeg

On 10/7/2021 at 6:49 PM, Bosco685 said:

I can't believe the revisionism that occurs at times with Marvel Comics history.

Iron Man was not only one of the 1966 animated TV shows but also extensively used throughout marketing and merchandising. Even in the 1970s and 1980s he was so popular Iron Man was the early wave of action figures.

059_8aee7bf4-9ea4-4632-b13e-9a776c313af6_large.jpeg.c992f9e2cbd5a63febb954c86ee912c0.jpeg

I hear you, but bear in mind when the Marvel cinematic universe took off, they were using characters that nobody previously wanted to buy from them.  Hulk, Spiderman, X-Men, Fantastic  Four, those properties were already sold.  So they made movies with the properties they had left.  And made millions and millions of dollars. 

Edited by Westy Steve

On 10/7/2021 at 7:01 PM, Westy Steve said:

I hear you, but they’re in mind when the Marvel cinematic universe took off, they were using characters that nobody previously wanted to buy from them.  Hulk, Spiderman, X-Men, Fantastic  Fourr, those properties were already sold.  So they made movies with the properties they had left.  And made millions and millions of dollars. 

200.gif.b644c2c57f6a352700854267a7babe39.gif

Or maybe it was billions.

:baiting:

On 10/7/2021 at 3:49 PM, Bosco685 said:

Growing up in the bronze age, I would argue that Iron Man was never really hot on his own. The layton era started to increase his popularity with demon in the bottle, but never really blew up like X-MEN (revised). Similar to the way, GOTG were lackluster prior to the MCU movie treatment. Or look at Black Panther. No one could have ever predicted his ascent to the top of the charts.

Robert Downey Jr. brought a tremendous amount of renewed like to the character, IMO. That's the beauty of the marvel movie universe-- you can't really predict the winners based on their prior interest. If someone told you squirrel girl would be in the top ten blockbusters of all time, it is conceivable they could be made right someday.

Edited by bronze_rules

On 10/7/2021 at 8:54 PM, bronze_rules said:

Growing up in the bronze age, I would argue that Iron Man was never really hot on his own. The layton era started to increase his popularity with demon in the bottle, but never really blew up like X-MEN (revised). Similar to the way, GOTG were lackluster prior to the MCU movie treatment. Or look at Black Panther. No one could have ever predicted his ascent to the top of the charts.

Robert Downey Jr. brought a tremendous amount of renewed like to the character, IMO. That's the beauty of the marvel movie universe-- you can't really predict the winners based on their prior interest. If someone told you squirrel girl would be in the top ten blockbusters of all time, it is conceivable they could be made right someday.

Growing up in the Bronze Age (so we are probably the same age) Iron Man even then was one of those steady characters that by his association with The Avengers was always in the limelight.

Even with Avengers #181 he stood out on the cover as one of the regulars of the team. One of my favorite covers of that period. And who was selected as the go-forward chairman of the team in the issue? A little-known character called IRON MAN. Who knew? (:

Avengers_Vol_1_181.thumb.jpg.73e9d19e04a1c356e3080ee2e59060f0.jpg

But hardly any of these characters stood out compared to Amazing Spider-Man and The Uncanny X-Men. Not even a fair comparison. Though stories like 'Demon In A Bottle' and 'Armor Wars' were standout events. Along with many other characters and stories.

Thanos' introduction even happened in Iron Man, along with Drax the Destroyer. Great times!

Edited by Bosco685

On 10/7/2021 at 6:18 PM, Bosco685 said:

Growing up in the Bronze Age (so we are probably the same age) Iron Man even then was one of those steady characters that by his association with The Avengers was always in the limelight.

Even with Avengers #181 he stood out on the cover as one of the regulars of the team. One of my favorite covers of that period. And who was selected as the go-forward chairman of the team in the issue? A little-known character called IRON MAN. Who knew? (:

Avengers_Vol_1_181.thumb.jpg.73e9d19e04a1c356e3080ee2e59060f0.jpg

But hardly any of these characters stood out compared to Amazing Spider-Man and The Uncanny X-Men. Not even a fair comparison. Though stories like 'Demon In A Bottle' and 'Armor Wars' were standout events. Along with many other characters and stories.

Thanos' introduction even happened in Iron Man, along with Drax the Destroyer. Great times!

Man, If only we loaded up on Iron Man 55 in the early days...

At the red carpet premiere for her latest project, the Apple TV+ series The Shrink Next Door, Entertainment Tonight caught up with Kathryn Hahn to inquire about her future in the MCU. Hahn played coy about the reported spin-off series centered around Agatha, claiming she knows nothing about it, though she did tease that anything is possible with Marvel. Read what Hahn had to say below:

"I don't know if there is such a thing as a WandaVision spin-off, honey. I have to be honest, all I can say is I love Agatha. As we know, anything can happen in Marvel. So who knows?"

Marvel Studios has officially announced a new Disney+ series called Agatha: House of Harkness as part of their Disney+ Day presentation. The series will follow the titular character portrayed by Kathryn Hahn, who made her MCU debut earlier this year in Marvel Studios' first original series, WandaVision. Agatha – initially introduced as the nosy neighbor, Agnes – was one of the breakout new characters introduced in the show. Her animated performance as WandaVision's surprise antagonist quickly endeared her to audiences, cementing her as one of the most popular Phase 4 additions to the MCU.

Rumors of an Agatha-centric spinoff project have been in circulation for the past several months. WandaVision's finale clearly left the door open for Hahn to return, with Agatha returning to her role as the nosy neighbor thanks to a spell cast by Wanda (Elizabeth Olsen). Hahn downplayed these rumors as recently as two weeks ago, saying that she doesn't "know if there is such a thing as a WandaVision spin-off," though she did express interest in reprising the role. Now, with Disney+'s latest wave of MCU announcements, Hahn is finally confirmed to return as Agatha Harkness in her own original series.