• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Return shipping to Canada

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. 
Newbie here. Haven’t collected since the original card release and just started back up. I’m looking to get some cards graded for the first time but I’m concerned with return shipping. 

Is Canada considered international shipping? Or will I be able to ship with USPS? I can’t justify paying $100 USD to ship them back to me. They aren’t expensive cards and I’m only sending 5 in. 

Thanks!

On 10/7/2021 at 1:42 PM, Petros H said:

Hey Brewdog,

Canada is considered International by USPS.
You can check out our Authorized Dealers in Canada listing here.

Best,

Okay. Wow. So the $100 USPS option is the only way of them coming back to Canada outside of these authorized dealers? Or am I missing something?Because they’re all 1 1/2 hours at least away.. $100 USD is huge. It would cost a fraction of that to ship.  

On 10/7/2021 at 3:19 PM, Brewdog said:

Okay. Wow. So the $100 USPS option is the only way of them coming back to Canada outside of these authorized dealers? Or am I missing something?Because they’re all 1 1/2 hours at least away.. $100 USD is huge. It would cost a fraction of that to ship.  

Your not missing anything. It is what it is....

On 10/7/2021 at 3:35 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

Your not missing anything. It is what it is....

What it is, is disappointing. There’s no way I can justify spending as much to ship them as I will to get them graded. I’m glad I dug deeper before sending them away.

This is really lazy and really bad practice. It feels like the people on eBay that put an item up for $0.99 then charge $60 for shipping. 

I was really excited for this. I’m crushed.

Hey, I personally used USPS $30 shipping to a reshipper, followed by $28 shipping DHL from the reshipper to me. I was hit by a DHL customs processing fee (no actual customs were taxed) of $17 CAD. Sure theres a bit of a risk going through a reshipper but well worth CGC's trash international shipping.

On 10/7/2021 at 6:38 PM, jasonn12345 said:

Hey, I personally used USPS $30 shipping to a reshipper, followed by $28 shipping DHL from the reshipper to me. I was hit by a DHL customs processing fee (no actual customs were taxed) of $17 CAD. Sure theres a bit of a risk going through a reshipper but well worth CGC's trash international shipping.

This is definitely a thing, I've heard of folks from other countries doing this too.  Another thing would be if one has any American relatives or close friends, and/or lived/worked/travelled close enough to the border in non-covid times, there might be cheaper (though with somewhat more additional effort or risk) options to explore.

I opened a FEDEX account to have my CGC shipments sent back ground service which saves me a lot on shipping costs. I use it for comics only and I'm not otherwise aware of the shipping rates for cards...

step 1 : open UPS account, give UPS your credit card

Step 2: ask CGC for Shipping form where you can add in your account # and shipping address details

Step 3: fill it out and sent it back

It costs me about $75 to have 400 cards sent back to me in the prairies

On 10/7/2021 at 12:49 PM, Brewdog said:

Hello everyone. 
Newbie here. Haven’t collected since the original card release and just started back up. I’m looking to get some cards graded for the first time but I’m concerned with return shipping. 

Is Canada considered international shipping? Or will I be able to ship with USPS? I can’t justify paying $100 USD to ship them back to me. They aren’t expensive cards and I’m only sending 5 in. 

Thanks!

In that case then don't send them since Canada is most definitely international shipping.

Your best bet is to find other collectors in your area who would ship it together. You can also go to a collectibles store in your area which deals with CGC, that would be the best way to go to minimize costs.

On 10/7/2021 at 4:44 PM, Brewdog said:

What it is, is disappointing. There’s no way I can justify spending as much to ship them as I will to get them graded. I’m glad I dug deeper before sending them away.

Just wondering, how would you have sent them away? Because CGC does not accept submission from non paying members/dealers.