• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Middle Ground (somewhere between comics and original art)

1 post in this topic

I recently placed bids on a couple items on ebay which I wanted to add to my sorely neglected Sergio Aragones' Groo comic collection. Unfortunately, I did not win either item because at least one other bidder on each auction wanted the items worse than I did and was willing to pay more.

The items were:

1. Comics & Comix newsletter, The Telegraph Wire #12 from 1983 and featuring Sergio Aragones' colored cover of Groo roasting Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

telegraphwirecomicsandcomix4nl.jpg

2. Image Comics promotional poster "there Goes the Neighborhood" featuring Sergio's Groo and the current batch of image characters, distributed ONLY at the 1994 International Comic Con - San Diego.

7e11mw.jpg

Which brings up this topic:

How do you decide what a reasonable price or value should be on items like these (newsletters, fanzines, promotional posters, retail posters, s/n prints, etc) which are not covered in most price guides?

How do you decidde the collectability of items like these? It seems like no matter what the item, there is likely to be people out there with a collection needing or wanting it.

I am interested in reading everyone's thoughts, opinions, and speculation on these types of items..

Abayo

Steve