• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Secret Wars 8
2 2

14 posts in this topic

On 10/11/2021 at 11:49 AM, Galen130 said:

I’d sell it and look for a better copy. 🖖

That was my thinking as well. I just got it off of eBay but made sure to buy it from a seller that accepts returns.  I could tell in the listing that it was a little washed out but the photos made it look much better than it actually was.

Just a shot in the dark. The comic is better than an 8.0, but because of the fading that's what I'll grade it at. On another thread, someone invited us to scan our sun bleached covers and several were CGC graded. It was interesting to me that the fading was not mentioned on the label. Also, the fading didn't seem to effect the grade, although the two that I do remember were lower grades and maybe that's why. 

On 10/11/2021 at 5:11 PM, ninanina said:

Just a shot in the dark. The comic is better than an 8.0, but because of the fading that's what I'll grade it at. On another thread, someone invited us to scan our sun bleached covers and several were CGC graded. It was interesting to me that the fading was not mentioned on the label. Also, the fading didn't seem to effect the grade, although the two that I do remember were lower grades and maybe that's why. 

I really had not been able to find anything definitive about how fading affects the grade. It's easy to find out about nearly anything else regarding defects that both affect and don't affect the grade.

On 10/13/2021 at 12:11 AM, Hooch is crazy said:

Is that based mainly on the fading? I know it has other defects, just curious if you were basing most "deductions" on the fading.

You know, I'll revise my estimate.

Looks to be around 9.0/9.2 without the color fade. I'll call the fade minor+/moderate-. There are no good answers or that many examples of CGC-graded faded books. I tend to knock off 2 full grades for moderate fade.

I'll guess 7.0 maybe 7.5.