• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Somone took a bath on JLA # 1 and Flash #105

18 posts in this topic

Looks like the JLA and Flash that sold for 125k on Comic link just went for 60k on Heritage. tonofbricks.gif

Flash #105 might have sold for more if the book had been deserving of the grade on the label. foreheadslap.gif

Looks like the JLA and Flash that sold for 125k on Comic link just went for 60k on Heritage. tonofbricks.gif

So...did you win anything fanboy? hi.gif

frown.gif

Why would anybody price those books at $125K? It seemed a little insane at the time.

yes and no. At the time, Marvel keys were breaking 100K regularly. So here finally were two killer DC mega keys. Far scarcer in 9.4 than any Marvel SA key. So, given this calculus (and the fact that the buyer was not at a loss fo rcash and only wanted the best) thats how you get 125K. And wasnt this sale right after other DC SA keys sold for comparable amounts? It looked like the big DC catchup phase was beginning, and JP was getting in early.

Finally, Steve/Vinnie, honestly, if you had these two books and JP on the hook for them, what would YOUR package price have been???

yeah, I thought so!!!

Could the price for 125k be caused by shill bids? I'm not accusing!!!! So hold on...I'm just hypothetically speaking and being a devil's advocate.

Or the 125k vs. 65k or whatever the different prices were could have been caused by the amount of buyers, marketing and timing. Just like the stock market.