• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE Mostly GA but as always a few odd items thrown in for fun!
3 3

215 posts in this topic

Been a while since I did one of these. Recently ran into a cool little old school collection. Many were even in Robert Bell bags! This is a fun group of titles. Very few superhero and no horror titles. But about every other genre were present. No huge dollar big keys but lots of affordable GA many in quite nice shape and many have superb page quality. Since all shows in my area are not going on, I decided to offer them to the boards first. Threadcrapping, as always is encouraged. Let's have a little fun!

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $7.00 for up to two comics, well packaged first class. 1-3 books will go Priority Flat Rate Envelope for $8.00. Anything over that will go Medium Flat Rate Box for $15.50. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. Things other than comics and larger orders will be calculated for the most economical way. All will come with tracking. 

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

I will accept PayPal, checks and money orders.   

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had a couple 4 in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go... 

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

It Really Happened #7 Feb 1947 Nedor Pubs

Cool Alex Schomburg Helicopter cover. Also a Teddy Roosevelt story. These, like Real Life are fun, historical reads and still real affordable.

A very, clean, tight complete copy. No creases, tears or pieces missing. No writing on covers. Smooth, tight spine on this single staple book. Book and centerfold bound well to book. Pages are yellowed but supple with no damage. Tiny corner off bottom right and a light dust shadow on top of back cover.

$50.

itreallyhappened1.jpg

itreallyhappened2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

The Lone Rider #8 June 1952 Farrell Pubs

One of the better western series. Farrell loaded these with violence and sometimes inappropriate dialogue. Origin Swift Arrow.

I have a number of these, many in real nice shape I will be posting throughout the thread. 

Nice, clean, flat and complete. Bright colors. No tears, creases or missing pieces. Tight spine with everything well attached. Staples have just the slightest discoloration. Very minor wear. Interior pages are off white and supple. 

$45.

lonerider8a.jpg

lonerider8b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Famous Funnies #38 Sept. 1937 Eastern Pubs

Big fat 68 page issue a year before Action #1. Contains nice Buck Rogers by Caulkins, A War on Crime feature (first crime stories in comics). Roy Powers Official story of the Boy Scouts starts in this issue. And, as an added bonus, a very colorful interior premium pin-up Buck Rogers page.

Nice, flat, complete copy. small top corner spine tear and tear at top staple. Small name written on cover in ink. No other tears, creases or pieces missing. Book and centerfold well attached to covers. Nice, supple, fresh pages. Just light reading wear.

Grab one of the earliest comic books for WAS $70.

NOW $60.

famousfunnies38a.jpg

famousfunnies38b.jpg

famousfunnies38c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

OK, while we are on Buck Rogers...

Buck Rogers 1936 Cream of Wheat Chief Explorer Brass, Enameled Badge. Highest rank in the Space Squadron. You had to eat a lot of Cream of Wheat and get a lot of friends to join to get this one.

1-1/4" x 1-1/2" Heavy brass. An unusually nice example. Bright, with full enamel and pin on the back. Not a real easy one to find especially this nice.

Be the envy of all your pals at your next comic show for $150.

zbuckrogerspin1.jpg

zbuckrogerspin2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Aces High #1 April 1955 EC Pubs

Outstanding title. Some of the best EC stories are the war issues. This title is all WWI aviation stories. Kurtzman and his stable especially George Evans hit these out of the park. Outstanding, thought provoking stories and beautiful, very historically correct art. Art by Evans, Wood, Krigstein and Davis.

A nice, tight, clean copy. Has a couple light corner creases but no tears, or pieces missing. Smooth spine and a well bound copy. Just minor wear. Slightly yellow interior pages.

$45.

aceshigh1a.jpg

aceshigh1b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Tip Top #197 April 1956 United pubs

Very early Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the Peanuts Gang strips.

A flat, clean, bright, complete copy. No tears, splits or missing pieces. Small, light cover crease at top through Nancy's head and one in bottom left corner. Just minor wear. Everything, well attached. Nice, supple interior pages.

$35.

tiptop197a.jpg

tiptop197b.jpg

tiptop197c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Tex Taylor #3 Jan 1949 Marvel Pubs

Cool, early Marvel Western with a nice Arizona Annie feature.

One of the whitest covers I've ever seen on a comic! A complete, well bound, tight copy. Slight spine roll. Some light discoloration spots on bottom of spine. Middle, right side 3/4" neat tear. No splits, creases, pieces out of covers or creases. General wear. Fresh, slightly yellowed interior pages. 

WAS $40.   NOW $35.

textaylor1.jpg

textaylor2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Blue Book Pulp March 1929 Consolidated Magazines Pubs

Tanar of Pellucidar Part 1 by Edgar Rice Burroughs. David Innes cover by Hoban

A tight, complete copy. Square, full paper spine. Numerous small folds, creases and edge tears on spine overhang. Some light pencil scribbles in letter "B" of title. General wear but very supple interior pages with no damage, flaking or chipping.

WAS $60.   NOW $50.

zbluebook3:29a.jpg

zbluebook3:29b.jpg

zbluebook3:29c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Feature Comics #109 April 1947 Quality Pubs

Dollman and Swing Sisson stories. Great art throughout.

A VERY nice, clean, complete copy. Smooth, tight spine with book and centerfold bound tight to covers. No staple wear or tears. Flat and square. No tears, splits or creases. Very slight "subscription bend" down center is the worst problem with this book. Fresh, off white interior paper.

WAS $60.   NOW $50.

feature109a.jpg

feature109b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Richfield Presents Clyde Beatty's "African Jungle Book" 1956 Giveaway

This book was given out in 1956 at the Jungle Ride and Autopia Ride in Disneyland. 16 pages on newsprint. Un-listed in Guide.

A real nice copy. Bright and clean. No tears or creases. Has a couple tiny, light spots and very light wear. White paper. 

$45.

clydebeatty1.jpg

clydebeatty2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Donald Duck #26 (#1) Nov-Dec 1952 Dell Pubs

Classic "Trick or Treat" story. One of Bark's best and one of my favorite Duck stories. This was disapproved by Disney and never reprinted I believe. 

Lots of spine wear. Mostly split but still hanging together. Neatly detached from book. Small piece in upper right corner came off at one time and a previous owner reattached it with a very small piece of tape. Some light staining on back cover. Front cover presents pretty nice and can be read carefully. Interior paper is slightly yellowed but very flexible with no damage.

Perfect for this time of year for WAS $30.   NOW $25.

donaldduck26a.jpg

donaldduck26b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

All True Crime Cases #30 Nov 1948 Marvel Pubs

A fat issue. Very violent contents! Lots of ways to die...

A clean, bright complete copy. No tears, creases or missing pieces. Book and centerfold bound tight to covers. Some minor spine creases and top of book was trimmed off a bit when made. Off white interior pages.

$30.

alltruecrime30a.jpg

alltruecrime30b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

The Lone Rider #19 April-May 1954 Farrell Pubs

Real violent. Lots of shootings man attacked by wolves. A nice GGA story

A sharp, bright, complete copy. No splits or missing pieces. Lies flat with nice spine. Everything well attached. A couple very small edge tears. Top right corner has a couple of bends that are not creased nor do they break color. Fresh interior paper.

$25.

lonerider19a.jpg

lonerider19b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Big Shot #52 Jan 1945 Columbia Pubs

Racist New Year's Eve cover. WWII stories inside. 

Big fat GA book. Has that great rounded spine free from pressing. Clean and complete. Cover still attached to single staple. No splits, tears or missing pieces. Has a few light cover creases and spine bends. Solid copy with white interior pages. 

WAS $35.  NOW $30.

bigshot52a.jpg

bigshot52b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Here is something you don't see every day...

MAD for Keeps 1958 Hardbound Book

First Hardbound anthology book. Reprints from the earliest issues of MAD. 

Dust Jacket is missing. Color copies of front and back are included. Book it's self is nice shape. 

$35. (can be sent Media Mail if the buyer wants to save postage)

Still $35. “Cheap” and this is a scarce one. 

zmadbook1.jpg

zmadbook2.jpg

zmadbook3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

On 10/10/2021 at 11:45 PM, Robot Man said:

The Lone Rider #19 April-May 1954 Farrell Pubs

Real violent. Lots of shootings man attacked by wolves. A nice GGA story

A sharp, bright, complete copy. No splits or missing pieces. Lies flat with nice spine. Everything well attached. A couple very small edge tears. Top right corner has a couple of bends that are not creased nor do they break color. Fresh interior paper.

$25.

lonerider19a.jpg

lonerider19b.jpg

Take.