• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Wolverine Limited Series #2
3 3

9 posts in this topic

On 10/15/2021 at 9:39 PM, grendelbo said:

Moderate amount of foxing with spine wear.

C&P for 8.0

Thanks for posting.

On 10/16/2021 at 4:11 AM, Zegeroth said:

I’m here too.  Maybe even 7.0 with the foxing.  

On 10/16/2021 at 1:30 PM, Galen130 said:

I see foxing too, but are the real dark spots moldy?

I agree and will fall towards 7.0 as is will a possible slight bump with a press

On 10/24/2021 at 7:47 AM, candygramformongo said:

Sorry, not sure how I missed this!?  Anyway, I *hope* they're not moldy...!  But it's not outside the realm of possibility.  Any advice on differentiating foxing from mold??

It’s tricky…foxing is normally caused by mold, along with other contaminants.  If it’s mold, its caused visual damage to the paper fibers…like forming and indentation or hole.  I’m bringing @joeypostin here because he knows a helluva lot more than I do…don’t want to give bad info.

While it would benefit (slightly) from a clean and press, would the difference be enough to cover the cost involved. IMO, no. 

This books has foxing, mold, light tanning, dust shadows and dirt. Dry cleaning will only eliminate the dirt. The rest may be lightened, but they will still be visible. 

Invest those monies into a better copy. 

Edited by joeypost

On 10/26/2021 at 2:17 AM, joeypost said:

While it would benefit (slightly) from a clean and press, would the difference be enough to cover the cost involved. IMO, no. 

This books has foxing, mold, light tanning, dust shadows and dirt. Dry cleaning will only eliminate the dirt. The rest may be lightened, but they will still be visible. 

Invest those monies into a better copy. 

Yea c&p will turn your 6.0 maybe into an 8 maybe??? The data about its state (mold) is inconclusive but it’s probably mid 7’s. The high grades for this comic sit at 9.6, 9.2, 9.0 and 8, with the next highest a 6.0. So you are either 6 or 8. Let that sink in!

Wherever you got this book would suggest inspection of any books near it and/or location of books. Waste your money and your time finding a better copy to grade. 

The sales for this book according to go collect are strongest at 9.6 which also has the majority of evaluations. There are 9.8 but a tally under a thousand on CGC and sales unknown. There are floating turds in between the 8 and 6 on CGC. All about the same numbers low hundreds.

If low grade is what you want, then looking at the figures you will be in a small group. It may not move, there’s market in the high 9’s. I’d say some movement in low 9’s and a chance at 8 anything under then may as well just flip it.

This indicates that “low grade is better than no grade” jargon is bullsh!t and that people will pay for quality over outlandish statements. It’s a nice book, but this book is not rare and it never will be. If you want to flip on the next man then you could make a quick score but grading would have to be purely for self satisfaction.

815K1

Edited by 815K1
Sources